We finally had our first day of school. Well, it was Savannah's first day of school, anyway. We started last week, but had lots of interruptions, so today was a real day of school for us. And, we had lots of fun! Here's some pix of our day....as per Mamo's request!! lol
I told Savannah to let me get a picture of her for the first day of school and this is what she gave me! lol Ahhh, teenagers!! lol
Finally, she was kind enough to give me a half-look so I could at least snap fast and get something! And then it turned out pretty good!! She's so photogenic sometimes!! So, here's my 10th grader. Wow! I can't believe 10th grade! Where did the time go?!?!
After she left, we did our schooling at home. Here's how I found Ashton doing her reading....
Ahhh, the freedom of homeschooling! lol

Here's Indy doing some of his work. We're reading and doing a study on The Story About Ping, which is in our Five in a Row book. It's about a duck who lives on the Yangtze River in China. Coincides nicely with the Olympics, don't you think? :-) Today we learned about the art/drawings in the book. So, Indy was supposed to copy a drawing or make his own from the styles in the book. Here he's drawing his picture. He did pretty good, too!

So, while I was doing school with Indy, Levi decided to go bowling. He set up the 4 empty Gatorade bottles I have stashed for hurricane water and bowled with two baseballs. Since I thought it was such a great idea (still raining off and on outside), and I had to take pictures of it, Indy wanted to bowl, too.
Here's Indy's turn bowling.




So, all in all it was a good day. Savannah likes the 3 teachers she had today (3 more tomorrow) and saw some old friends. Ashton got most of her work done and so did Indy. Levi even wrote his name (well, traced it anyway) all by himself and did a great job! And, I was up early enough to have my quiet time and even walk around the neighborhood! I got the bank run done and even paid the bills. The day was very productive and now I have to get dinner on. So, that was our first day of school. So, Mamo, is this enough pictures?? lol Have a great week, everyone!
2 comments:
Those were great pictures...I loved everyone (of the children...the ducks were OK). Hope Thursday goes as well for everyone. love, Mom
What great pics! You incorporated a lot of great things in your real life education!
I love Savannah's hair. So jealous.
Post a Comment