Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back to School.....or not....

Tomorrow is our county's first day back to school, as is neighboring counties. None of these counties will have school tomorrow. Why? Well, Hurricane Fay, of course!! "You know you live in South Florida when your first day of school is cancelled for a Hurricane Watch/Warning." lol So much for getting up early and walking tomorrow morning. Or for getting back into a regular routine. I thought I'd never make it through this weekend to Monday, and now I have a couple more days to go. Argh! They may cancel Tuesday, too, depending on the weather. So, who knows when we're going back to school!!

Levi did great this weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I'm not sure Grandma and Grandpa did as well! lol I think they're pooped! Actually, Levi is pooped, too! He's been sleeping in my room since we got him home a couple hours ago!! I'll have to wake him up soon so he'll go to bed tonight! lol But, they said he did fine. The only time he started whining for me was when he asked for mac & cheese for dinner and she made it then he decided he didn't want it and she said "Oh yes, you will eat it!!". LoL And, then again later when they went to put him to bed. He fussed for a few minutes, but then fell right to sleep. So, he was probably over tired. Grandma said, "I'll see you next year, Levi!" "ha ha ha". (She was kidding, of course.) But overall it went well.

Well, I guess I better go to the gas station before the line is too long and get some gas in the car and the gas can (for the generator) just in case we lose power. So, I'm off to fight the crowds. I'll let you know what happens. It's only a "Cat 1" so we should be fine, but we might lose power, so we'll have to wait and see. Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...here in Iowa we never cancel school because of a little rain... :-)

Do you cancel school when public school does?

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Oh, how happy I am not to be worrying about hurricanes!!!!

Seems as though you aren't getting it too badly though. Glad everything is ok.

How's everything else? I can't wait to see you in October!