Whew! Am I pooped! We had yet another party for the boys' birthdays today. And, we have one more to go!!
Argh! I am
sooo birthday'd out!
lol No, actually we usually let the kids have a "friend" party every other year and on the opposite years, we have a "family" party. Since we really don't have much family here, though, on the "family" years, we usually just do a family activity like a movie or skating or a bike trip or something else fun that the birthday child picks. On the even years, like now, when they're turning 6 and 4, we let them have a "friend" party. (Family parties are on the "odd" years!
lol) Anyway, this year was an exception since we had a big group party with our family in NC last week. Then, on Indy's actual birthday, we made cupcakes and gave him our presents. Today we had 10 or so little boys here (mostly baseball friends) for the "friend" party. And, on next Tuesday, we'll give Levi his presents (No cupcakes since we still have cake from today....if it lasts til then!). But, today was what I was stressed about. This week I was unpacking, washing, helping the girls paint and redecorate their room, and cleaning and getting ready for
today's party. Whew! I'm wiped! And, it was
sooo hot out there today! But, at least it didn't rain! Yeah! Anyway, it's over.
Whoo hoo!
So, tomorrow I rest and Monday I begin my last project...getting ready for the new school year.
1.
Do some scrapbooking.2.
Paint and redecorate the bathroom.3. Tackle the girls' room by cleaning, painting, and rearranging furniture.
4.
Organize my recipes.5.
Clean the fridge REALLY well.6.
Go thru school papers from this year and organize portfolios.7. Prepare for school for next year. (We'll start Aug. 4)
Aren't you impressed?? I am! We finished painting the girls' room, but we're not quite done organizing (read: throwing out trash!
lol) yet. Hopefully that will be done this week. When it's done, I'll post some before and after pictures. You'll be amazed! I already am! Now, if only they can
keep it organized! :-)
Well, that's it for now. I'll try to post the final couple days of my trip tomorrow. Judging from the amount of comments, you all are
soooo excited about what we did on our trip! :-)
Naaah, just messing with you. I don't really expect you to comment on everything I write.
lol So, I'm off to bathe the boys and finally relax! Oh wait, I forgot....I still have the dishes to do. THEN I can rest! See ya later.
Mylinda :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment