Thursday, August 28, 2008

It's Real Life...How I Roll...



















Well, the It's Real Life is back! Jessica at Farm Fresh finally had her baby and is getting back into the swing of things by having a fun It's Real Life this week. The theme is How I Roll, showing our mode of transportation. Luckily, Nicky's been taking my van to work this week (his turn to drive carpool), so it's fairly clean. Whoo hoo! But, I'm still posting pix of it for everyone to see.
This is my minivan. I waited a long time to get this. I had my previous car, a little stick shift Chevy Cavalier, which I absolutely loved, for 11 years. I've had this one for 4 years. I actually got this van when I was about 5 months pregnant with Levi, my 4th child. We literally outgrew the other car! lol So, because I waited so long and the previous car had truly run it's course and was falling apart, I really appreciate having this van. Sometimes I still am driving it and think, "Oh, I just love this car."

This is in the little basket between the two front seats. It's dvds....lots of them, along with a couple books, my coupon holder, and a bottle of hand sanitizer (which you can't see). Why do we have so many dvd's?

For this. This is our "tv". Actually it's only a dvd player, but it's wonderful to have on trips. When we were looking for a van to buy, we asked the girls what they each wanted in the new van. Savannah said she wanted captain's chairs for the front bench, instead of a bench, and electric windows. Ashton said she wanted a windshield wiper on the back window and a tv. Personally, I wanted electric locks and a cd player. Well, of all the requests, we figured the tv would be the least likely, but God had this van picked out for us and we knew it when we saw it. And, it had a tv! We did get all the other requests except the captain's chairs, but Savannah was ok with it since we got a tv!! lol And, like I said, it's great for trips. Unfortunately, it's the cheapie model, so there's no headphones for it. When the tv is on, we ALL get to listen to it. So, we take turns, watching a movie and listening to radio or stories.

This is a river rock I picked up in NC at my mom's house when I was there in May of '07. I keep it in the little change pocket in the driver's door. Don't ask me why, but I just like it.

This is the back end. Since Nicky's been carpooling this week, all the regular stuff from the car has been put back here for the week. So, let's see....there's a car seat, which Levi is actually out of, but I haven't gotten rid of it yet. I like to keep it there, for now, so that I can threaten him with it if he unbuckles his booster seat! lol Hey, it works. :-) There's also the boys' baseball gear bags, a folding chair, Indy's church bag, our Jonathan Park cds (awesome, btw!), and some other misc. stuff I can't see.

This is the only bumper sticker I have on my car. Since my dad was killed on his motorcycle almost 6 years ago, I have had one of these on my car. I like seeing the reaction (in the rearview mirror) of the bikers who end up behind me and read it. It's pretty cool. Besides, it's purple (my absolute FAV color!).

Well, that's it. That's how I roll...unless I'm on the swamp buggy or driving Nicky's truck or on the 4 wheeler....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

The back of your van was so similar to mine I thought maybe you snuck to IA in the middle of the night!

I am laughing at your rock. I have a rock in my van too, only I'm not the one who picked it up.

Love how you roll!

tiarastantrums said...

I usually have rocks from my baby girl s- she slips them in her pants or pickets when we are out and down they fall in the car!!

I totally agree with the sticker! I was in a motorcycle accident as a kid, I ALWAY slow down when I see motorcyles!!

Mandy said...

Great pics! I'm so glad for traveling DVD players!

gina said...

I have three tiny heart shaped rocks in my "ash tray" in my car. The "runner ups " that weren't quite the right shape to make it into my bureau top collection inside.

I got a minivan after the birth of my fourth when after a C-section and not being able to drive we realized thinking we could just "split up" and I could keep my SUV was not a GOOD idea. I got the one I have now, after my last one was totaled when MAckenna and I were hit last Spring.

dmarie1975 said...

Nice ride! I like your bumper sticker. I might have to try to find one of those. My dad was killed in a motorcycle accident as well a long time ago.