Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Hurricaning", Day 2

Well, believe it or not, they cancelled the public schools for today, too! We're not getting a direct hit. We're not even in the "path" of the storm! For heaven's sake, the garbage men are still running!! So, we're all home, yes, even Nicky. For some stupid reason, they told all the guys to stay home today and they're only having a skeleton crew on today. Good thing he worked some overtime this past weekend!! lol We're basically getting alternating sunshine and rain, along with pretty consistent wind. So, I the kids will actually start school tomorrow. I guess technically, since we're in a Tropical Storm Warning area and theoretically, we could lose power with the heavy winds, it's better to have the kids home than "stuck" in school, if the power goes out. Pretty much, we're playing board games today and the girls want to go over to the movies at the mall. Hurricane days are fun when there's no real hurricane!! lol

To answer Jessica's question about school (from yesterdays comments): We still did our homeschool, even though Savannah was home. And, since Ashton wanted to go to the movies today, she was up bright and early this morning doing today's school. So she's done and we are pretty much on schedule. I just need to catch Indy up tomorrow, which of course, since it's only 1st grade, isn't much. So, I'm feeling good about school. Today I will do the last load or two of laundry from yesterday and play games with the boys and just hang out with the family. Again, Hurricane Days are fun when there's no hurricane!! lol

3 comments:

Mandy said...

I know it's not really funny...but to me in the north it sounds funny to have a hurricane day! We have snow days! Never thought about you Floridians having hurricane days. Seriously...I hope that you all stay safe. Never know when the storm can change.

Anonymous said...

I have some bad news for Savannah in reference to the missed beach day...which you might do when Savannah is off on Labor Day....
2 missed days of school already, will there be a Labor Day holiday? Just a thought. love, Mamo

Unknown said...

Glad you're having fun! Hope you stay safe and dry.