Thursday, August 07, 2008

10-Week Menu Plan, Part II

WEEK 6
Sunday- Chicken Stew or Chicken & Dumplings (these recipes are very similar)
Monday- Easy Pepper Steak
Tuesday- Cabbage & Kielbasa Supper
Wednesday- Lasagna Rolls
Thursday- Country Skillet Supper
Friday- Sloppy Joes
Saturday- Hot Dogs

WEEK 7
Sunday- Steak & Spinach Pinwheels
Monday- Ham & Potatoes Au Gratin (a kid fav)
Tuesday- Salsa Chicken & Rice
Wednesday- Meatball Subs
Thursday- Italian Chicken
Friday- Extra
Saturday- Frozen Dinner

WEEK 8
Sunday- Scallops Charleston (or other seafood dish)
Monday- Oven Baked Chicken Parmesan
Tuesday- BBQ Beef
Wednesday- Hamburger & Noodles (like a homemade hamburger helper)
Thursday- Noodle Dish (a tuna casserole)
Friday- Chicken Puffs
Saturday- Tacos

WEEK 9
Sunday- Creamy Chicken Alfredo
Monday- BBQ Pork
Tuesday- Beef Stew
Wednesday- Roast Chicken
Thursday- Saucy Beef over Rice
Friday- Order Out
Saturday- Frozen Dinner

WEEK 10
Sunday- Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
Monday- Pork Chops
Tuesday- BBQ Chicken
Wednesday- French Onion Pot Roast
Thursday- Skillet Sausage & Peppers
Friday- Chicken Divan or Pesto Chicken Pasta
Saturday- Extra

Whew! That's it! Ok, one more note: If you notice, I have only included main dishes, not any sides or veggies, etc. This is because I really struggle with the main dish decisions. There are very few that I REALLY like, personally, so I have to really work at scheduling those. Now, I tend to like side dishes, thus picking those is fun for me. That's why they're not here now. That way, each week, as I look over the menu plan, I can choose what kind of side dish I would like for each meal.

When I was organizing all these recipes, I realized how many dessert recipes I have....a LOT. lol Many of which I've never even tried, just cut out of magazines or gotten from parties. I, personally, just really enjoy baking. Cooking, not so much, but baking, oh yeah. So, I decided that along with my menu plan, I'm going to try one new dessert recipe each week. My husband is not a real sweets eater and of course, the kids would eat sweets all day long if I let them. So, it's only one dessert each week. After I make it, I'll make a note next to it in the book for future use. I'll try to include a recipe or two each week, when I post my Monday menu plan.

Now, do you have any questions or comments or recipes you'd like me to post? Just LMK. I hope this plan has been at least somewhat helpful to you. I know it's been (and going to be) a world of help to me! Thanks for reading! See ya soon!
Mylinda :-)

1 comment:

Lisa in Jax said...

I love your 10 week menu plan! I'm working on one for my family also. I think it'll help us stay on budget and fed without too much thought during the busy school year. Thanks for sharing!