This is my old "shell" border. I don't really like shells or ocean stuff, but it matched the wall color, which matched my 1960's or 70's pinkish tub, sink, and toilet. It's not really pink, but pinkish. So, it's really hard to match. This wall color was close and the shell border matched it. I didn't like it, but it worked. It's been up there about 10 years, and as you can see, the border is beginning to peel. It's seen better days.
This is probably my 5th curtain in 10 years. I liked the purple flowers (go figure), but I mostly bought it because of the pink flowers that I figured would match the paint. They did and it looked good.
Until the New Kids decided to chew a hole in it!! Yes, this is from the puppies. This only further pushed me to work on the bathroom ASAP.
Now, for the new stuff....

This is my new border. Note the wall color. It matches pretty well, I think, even if it does seem to change from green to yellow, to beige. I really like the rustic look and the color scheme, too. It doesn't really match the pink stuff, but there seems to be pink tinges in it in different places, which makes it look like it matches. That's all that counts, right??

And, I finally broke down and bought matching rings. They were cheap enough and oh so pretty. I loved that they matched. This is also the top of the shower curtain.

This is a long view of the new shower curtain. Isn't it pretty?? I just love it. I've ordered a burgundy wooden toilet paper holder and a couple burgundy star hooks for the wall and a burgundy basket. Along with another roll of border to finish the room. I'm so excited!

And then there's this.... still leftover from the big mastiff we had a few months ago. Remember when she broke out of the bathroom? So, until we actually replace this door, the bathroom won't be completely done, but I can't do it, Nicky has to. Maybe the rest of the bathroom looking so pretty will encourage him to get this done, too! Maybe. :-)
So, what do you think? I wish you could see it in real life, but I'm very happy with it and now my list is down to the girls' room and preparing for school (and the board games if I can get to them). Whoo hoo! That list is shrinking!
Have a blessed Lord's Day!
3 comments:
Love it!!!!! I'm glad you splurged for yourself and bought the matching shower curtain rings. Sometimes just a little detail can make the room.
One order: NO USING THE BATHROOM AS A KENNEL FOR ACTIVE DOGS!!! It's too pretty for that now!
I especially LOVE the shower curtain and border. Red and hearts are my fav! That mastiff must have been something...did you all survive its escape from your bathroom? See you in a few!
Valerie
Looks great! This is one of my favorite bathroom decors - my Mom has it in her bathroom, too! They make so many accessories to go with it, too! Enjoy!
Post a Comment