Saturday, February 16, 2008

Easy Come, Easy Go

Well, we finally named the dog. Her name is Shiloh. On Wednesday night, we reached an agreement with everyone liking the name Shiloh. Yeah! Good thing we didn't take too much longer because....

Shiloh's gone. Yep. Last Tuesday when I went to our homeschool park meeting, we left her in the bathroom and she freaked. She chewed/clawed the bottom of the bathroom door, leaving about an inch of damage along the whole bottom of the door. Oh well. It'll be ok. Since then, we haven't left her alone. We've either had someone stay home with her or taken her with us. Ridiculous, I know, but I figured it was easier than having the house destroyed until we could figure out what to do with her. We actually have a kennel that's pretty big, but not quite big enough for her.

So today when I had to go to Indy's t-ball game, I didn't know what to do with her. We let her out in the backyard yesterday while Nicky was painting the fence, but she ended up having Roxy attack her. Poor baby was bleeding from her ear and face. (Roxy was tied up, but I guess Shiloh got a little too close!) Anyhoo, since I couldn't put her out back, I really didn't know what to do with her. I had told Indy I would take him to I-Hop this am for breakfast so while we were gone to breakfast (only one hour), we tried her out in the bathroom again, thinking maybe she'd be ok if we put food and a toy in there, which we did. Wrong. Look.

This is the bottom of the bathroom door, looking from the inside.


The damage is about 1 foot high. Currently, I have a piece of cardboard duct taped to the inside so we can have some semblance of privacy.

Needless to say, after finding this, I decided she had to go with us to the ballpark. I wasn't sure if we could bring dogs, but I remember seeing many people bringing their "little" dogs. So I figured the worst thing that could happen (WHAT was I thinking??) was that they'd ask us to leave. First, I had to stop by my friend, Lori's house to pick up her kids, who were spending the day with me. We got out, as she wanted me to look through some books, and the dog was in their backyard. Unfortunately, she didn't like being away from the people, so she jumped on their glass doors (no, they didn't break, thank God!), but we decided to bring her in. And, of course, she pooped on their floor. So, clean that up. Then, we left and got to the ball park where we saw a big sign, "No Dogs". Drop off Indy and bring the dog home. What to do.... Ashton suggested we put Roxy in our big kennel and leave Shiloh outside. Good idea, so I did that and put Roxy in the house. It worked great, until....

When we got home, we found Shiloh was gone. How?? We looked for the hole she dug out, but there was none. Luckily, the neighbor saw how she got out. She jumped over the 6 foot wood fence. They caught her and put her in their backyard and she jumped over their 6 foot wood fence. When we found out, the kids were devistated and decided to go looking through the neighborhood. After searching on foot and me driving in the car, the kids decided to make signs. They all sat on the floor making signs for half an hour and making me print pictures to add.


It was so cute...and sad. :-( But, they persevered and then walked the neighborhood putting them up. Now, the big question I'm sure you're asking: Do you REALLY want that dog back?

Well, yes. Even Ashton, who doesn't even like animals, sobbed for hours about the dog. Maybe we'll be lucky and she'll be on the porch when we wake up in the morning, but not likely. Oh well, like I said, easy come, easy go.

Blessings,

Mylinda :-)

PS- Oh, and to start the day off, when I went to wake up Ashton, I realized the snake is missing. Yep. He's escaped into the girls' room someplace. Oh no! We may never find him in there!! lol See, didn't I say my life is full of adventure?? :-)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

too funn, lol!!!

Truth said...

O my, that was one determined dog. The snake will show up when it gets good and hungry. Ask me how I know, lol.