Wednesday, February 13, 2008

New Adventures

Well, we've had some new adventures in the last few days, so here goes....

On Sunday, Nicky was finishing painting the fence and Levi decided to help out. It was so cute. Like father, like son. :-)


Then, later that day, Savannah found a bull mastiff roaming the neighborhood. Now, if you know us, you know we've always wanted one of these, but refuse the pay the massive amount of money for one of these dogs, especially without even having a hip guarantee! So, this was really neat. On Monday we took her over to the vet to see if she had any chips or tatoos from the owner. None. Then, we went to Publix, the pet store, and the vet (the same one) to see if there were any flyers looking for her. None. So, although we're still going to watch, we think she'll be ours. Yeah! :-) We think she's not full grown, though maybe about a year old. Nicky says that if she grows, it'll only be 1-2 mor inches at the most, but since she's definitely still immature, her weight will go up, as she fills out some more. When she barks, she has a real puppy bark, so you can tell she's not fully grown yet. Anyway, she's really cute and loves the kids and seems especially protective of Levi. But, unfortunately, we're still "discussing" names. We allowed the girls to help out in the naming, and that's just made for an ongoing debate. But, we may actually be getting close. I'll let you know when we come up with something for sure. Poor Indy. Every morning he wakes up calling the dog the last name he knew and it's wrong. We keep telling him, "No, that's not her name." He's so confused. And, we asked Levi what her name is and he said, "Doggie". Sounds good to me!! lol


Look at the size of the dog's head compared to Savannah!!
She's so cute!!

Yesterday, we had a Valentine party at park. It was so cute watching Levi hand out all his valentines. I charged my camera, but unfortunately, I left it at home. I was so bummed, because I've taken pictures at the park Valentine party for many years. We were so busy handing out the flowers we sold as a fundraiser that I barely even got to watch the boys exchanging their cards. :-(

And, the last adventure was last night. Levi absolutely hates the shower. He'll take a bath with no problem, but just hates the shower. Last night Indy asked if I could put on the shower so it could be a waterfall for them, and Levi freaked out. I put it on very slowly and after a few seconds, Levi stopped screaming, realizing it wasn't so bad. Then, I put it on just a little more and they both LOVED it!! They played and played for at least half an hour!! It was so cute that I had to take pictures!! Levi just screamed and screamed in a good way, until the dog came in to see if he was ok. lol Once she saw that he was ok, she left, then the boys kept playing. Yeah!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

i love to read about all your adventures. I love "doggie". she is really a beautiful dog. i hope no one claims her for your family's sake, but i know the other family is probably crushed. Maybe you should post the name choices and let your reader vote. might help you narrow the options.
Aaron hates the shower too, until recently. he likes to shower with andrew now too. except andrew's too old fopr me to take pictures of in the shower.

Anonymous said...

Your Mom says, That "doggie" is going to be almost the size of Logan. Hope she has a short tail. She is a good looking dog though. Good luck. Mom

Anonymous said...

Whoa, that is one big dog. I can't believe you have the time and energy to take care of another "being" in your home, lol.
Love, Kathy