Today I finally finished our taxes. Whew! Usually we don't have enough deductions to itemize so we take the standard deduction, which still gives us a pretty good refund. But, this year, with all the construction and medical bills we've had, we were actually able to itemize. Now, mind you, I do our taxes. I don't take it elsewhere. And, I'm used to doing the standard deduction. So, needless to say, learning how and what to itemize has been lots of "fun". NOT! :-) If you do your own taxes you know that for medical you can only take a certain percentage and then you can add your mileage...sort of. How much did we pay in interest? Property taxes? Sales tax? How much did we give to charity? I've made lots of phone calls to my tax "professional" (read: My mom!!) and she's been very helpful...thanks! But, I'm glad that next year we won't be able to itemize. Next year I'll (hopefully) go back to the old standard and take only a couple hours to do the taxes, as opposed to say....3 days. Yikes! But, finally they're done and I'm free!! Yeah!! Now, all I have to do is wait for my return to I can buy an oven!!! Woohoo!! :-)
Hope you have as much taxing fun as I've had!! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment