Monday, February 25, 2008

My "Quiet" Time

Ha! With young children, there's no such thing!! lol This morning, I was having my "quiet" time and I was almost done, then......Levi opens my door and announces he has to go poo-poo and for me to come with him. As I'm watching him walk away, trying to decide if I should ignore the request (he'll take a few minutes anyway) and attempt my meditations for a little longer or just give it up, since I'd mostly finished anyway, I hear "Word Girl!" coming from the tv and some computer game Indy was playing singing "....a pickle and a bag of chips!" I just started laughing thinking how funny this scene was. (Probably not so funny now, but hey, I guess you had to be there! lol) I just said, "Thank you, Lord, for little children and all the excitement that comes with them. It's such a wonderful life!" Sometimes we just need to lighten up and laugh a little more, and boy, can the littles bring that!!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
PS-Thanks to all of you who put in your two cents about the recipe thing. Update: I bought two binders and some dividers (just like you, Emily!) and have been copying, cutting, printing, taping, and organizing all weekend!! I've liked using the big binders (I had to get two!!) so I can just flip through it all. I can't wait to get it all finished! And, Kathy, I'll be a good girl and not try yours until I try some others. Actually, you'll all be proud to hear that I actually tried 3 new recipes in the last few days. My family always groans when I say "it's a new recipe", but they've actually liked a couple of these! Yeah!! :-)

No comments: