Isn't it amazing what can happen in just 24 hours?? Here's a very strange 24 hours that happened to me just this week.
Monday night, 11:15pm: I'm closing the house down and getting ready to take my shower when I hear Roxy barking, which she does every night, but this is different. This is one of those "there's something or someone near" barks. Usually I shush her before I head to the shower, but not tonight. She's doing her job. So I look out the window at her and her hair is standing on end and she's growling and barking in an insistant direction very ferociously. I look out the other window, but see nothing. Is someone there? Can they see me? I dont' know, so I make sure the windows are locked and head to the shower. After, I look out my bedroom window and again see nothing, but I notice my elderly neighbor's windows are open, as usual. I'm a little worried for her, but decide to pray for her safety then go to bed. The dog is still barking.
12:45 am: Nicky has gotten up to get some water, but I don't hear him. However, I do hear when he returns and closes the door rather loudly. I sit up and look around for the entering child, but instead see a man (Nicky) and almost scream! It's only Nicky, so I relax and go back to sleep.
4:15 am: I wake up to fix Nicky's breakfast and lunch and Roxy is still barking. Elvis, too. Why? I see nothing and finish up with the food then go back to bed.
6:15: I get up to get Savannah up and the dogs are still barking, but not as much. I look out the front window and see my neighbor pacing in his front yard, as he does every morning.
6:45: It's light now. I go out into the back yard to check around and make sure everything is secure. As I walk toward Roxy, she starts and jumps back away from me. Then, she starts to growl and bark at me with the same ferocious voice. What's that about?? I look behind me to make sure no one is behind me, but it's just me. I reach toward her to pet her as I calmly and sweetly speak to her. She's not sure whether to trust me. She's wagging her tail, but still barking at me. She's confused. Finally, I back up, keep speaking to her, then put out my hand for her to smell. She's ok, now. I pet her and she lays down. I wonder if someone came into our yard last night and threw something at her or hit or kicked her. I don't know. I check the yard and all seems secure.
7:00: Nicky calls from work and tells me to take all the kids with me to take Savannah to school. This morning, when he was heading out to work, he saw 2 police officers going through the neighborhood with no headlights. They are looking for something....or someone. I go out and ask my neighbor if he's seen any police while he's been outside pacing. He says "No", but I still decide to do what Nicky says and take all the kids.
8:30: I go over to my elderly neighbor and check on her, just to make sure she's ok. She's thankful I checked on her, but she's fine.
9:15: I'm off to Publix to get some flowers for my friend who's in the hospital. We're going to visit her today.....
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment