Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Books and My Wonderful Air Conditioning

What do these have to do with each other? Absolutely nothing. So why the title? Well, I had to have something and that's what this post is about.



Books: One of my "unofficial" New Year's resolutions was to actually finish the 8, yes, count 'em...8...books I've started in the last 2 years and never finished. Now, mind you, I've read countless books (and yes, actually finished them) since that time, but these 8 are giving me a hard time. I don't know if I'm ADD or what, but about halfway through these books, I kinda get bored and start another one. Actually, that's only true with those "self-help" books, religious, homeschooling, or otherwise. If they're actual story books, I seem to do much better. As a matter of fact, I've read Scarlett, which is the sequel to Gone With the Wind at least 5 times and it's 823 pages long! Even though I know exactly what's coming next, I can never seem to put that one down....weird. Anyhoo, I am sorely tempted to begin a couple new books, but I've had very good self control and actually picked up the old ones and kept reading those. So far, I've finished only one, but I'm working on at least two currently. I'm hoping to finish them by the end of March. Yeah, we'll see.



Air Conditioning: My wonderful air conditioning....ahhhh. :-) It's been pretty warm here lately. Mid 70's at night and mid 80's during the day. I know that sounds heavenly to those of you 3 feet deep in snow, but believe me, it would be really nice to actually have some cold weather for a change. It is winter, you know! lol Now, I'm the kind of girl who loves to have the windows open and fresh air blowing in. I love to hear the birds (not just see them through the windows) and the peacefulness of midday when everyone else is at work. I like to hear the mailman drive up and the squeak of my mailbox as the mail is being delivered. I love to hear the wind blowing through the trees....BUT....today it got dadgum hot. I stepped outside for something and back into the house and man, was it hot. Well, not really "south FL summertime hot", but it was uncomfortable. And, just as that thought crossed my mind, I remembered my wonderful a/c. "Oh yeah, I have air now! Who-hoo!" So, we shut all the windows and put on the a/c. Wow! Is that nice!! It's nice to have the windows open, but, boy, is it nice to be able to shut them and be comfortable again! (My how quickly we get spoiled!!) lol



Have a great week...and keep cool! :-)

PS- I'm seeing my hit counter going up, but I only know of a handful of you who are checking out my site regularly. So, if you're a lurker, please leave me a comment so I know who you are and who I'm writing to. THX.
PSS- I noticed I only had 2 comments plus my rebuttle on the Bad Mom Award post. Am I to believe no one but me and my SIL get Bad Mom Awards?? You guys better fess up! lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
You already know enough of my Bad Mom moments, need we shed light on them again??!
I'm the same way about self-help books and having a hard time getting all the way through them. They just aren't as interesting or they don't grab me at the start the way biographies do. I'm currently reading one called, "Tired, So Tired, and the Yeast Connection" and another one by Super Nanny Jo Frost and another one about being a housewife. But, give me a biography and I can't put it down.