Well, we made it to NC safe and sound on Friday night...yeah!! :-) And, we're having lots of fun. Yesterday was my cousin's son's birthday and another family friend's son, too, so they each had birthday parties that we went to...back to back. On Friday was my uncle's birthday, so last night we went to their house for a dinner and family party...yes another party. Three parties in one day. We're just the partying fools, aren't we?? lol I think the kids had enough cake for the whole week yesterday alone! But, they did sleep well last night. Whew!
This morning we went to church at my mom's church. It's a tiny church compared to ours, but it was real "homey" and the preacher is pretty good. When our whole family goes to church, we take up an entire pew plus. It was nice. Most of the day since, we've pretty much just chilled out and visited. I had a nice long talk with my mom, sans kids, which doesn't happen very often, but it was nice. Oh, and of course, we did go to Wal-Mart...you know how I love to hit other Wal-Marts on our trips. Luckily, this time we got out of there for under $60 instead of the $125 we spent in Orlando last month!!
Tonight my brother and his family are coming in, so things are about to get way more hectic...and noisy!! lol I think tomorrow we're going to visit some historical town and I'm going to the cemetery to visit my Daddy's grave. I always like to go say "Hi" when I visit up here. (Not that he knows or cares, but I do.) :-) Anyway, I'll try to update again while I'm here. Sorry for no pix, but I don't have a way to get them from the camera onto the cpu. So that will just have to wait until I get back.
Oh, my mom has a great dane who's 8 years old. He's the funniest dog. He's such a big baby! If you step on his foot, even a little bit, he lifts his foot and limps and whines like he's dying. He's the biggest baby big dog I've ever seen, but he's really cool. Unfortunately, at 8, he's really old and slow. He's not as active and it's just kinda sad. But, it happens to us all, huh? She's always wanted a great dane and he's been a big blessing to her...and he's had the "life of Reilly" to say the least. As a matter of fact, my mom takes him for acupuncture treatments once a month for a leg injury he got awhile ago. Ya think he's been a little spoiled?? lol Naaaa. lol
Ok, well that's it for now. They're all fussing to go eat, so I better go. Hopefully I'll get more adventures put on here in the next couple days. Hope you all have a great week!
Mylinda :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to hear you are in town. We are looking forward to the 25th! Let me know if we need to bring anything. Can't wait to see the gang, see you soon! :)
Jamie, Charley and Austin
Post a Comment