Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Have you ever seen Jesus laugh?

This is my favorite piece of artwork in our home. It is (copy of) a drawing of "Jesus Laughing" (the actual title of the piece). It looks like He just heard the best knee-slapper ever and is just cracking up. One day I was in our local Christian bookstore and walked past this with barely a glimpse of it as I passed. I stopped in my tracks and thought to myself, "Did I just see Jesus laughing?!" I backed up and saw this. I immediately told Nicky that I wanted that picture. For Christmas that year, it's what he gave me.

I think what I like best about it is that it's such a unique view of Jesus. How many times have you ever seen a picture of Him like this? Usually He's somber and serious and dignified. Of course He is all these things, but how often do we think of Him in a lighter sense? He is the one who invented humor and laughter in the first place....and what a gift they are!

Besides that, the entertainment factor of peoples' reactions to it is priceless. You should hear some of the comments I've gotten on this piece. People aren't always sure how to take it. They usually initially think it's irreverant. Then, the more they look at it, the more they like it. Or, sometimes not. Eventually, you either love it or hate it. Personally, I love it. It is such a great reminder for us to "lighten up". So often I'm overwhelmed with life that I barely crack a smile, let alone let out a gut-buster, but just a glimpse of this picture reminds me that it's ok and He's in control. We win. So, laugh a little. Don't let too much time pass before you have a great, tear causing laugh! Time's up all too soon, so take advantage of every giggle, hoot, crack-up, and silly moment.

Have a laughter - filled day!
Mylinda :-)

PS-I will be posting sparingly (if at all) until the 27th, so don't forget about me! Be sure to stop back by after the 27th for trip highlights and then boys' birthdays and then beginning school and then....

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Great picture! And I've awarded you a blog award! Stop by to pick it up!