Remember I told you that it had been raining here so much lately?? Well, this is a picture of the sky behind our house last week one day before the rain came. Ashton took this picture. It's something, isn't it? It gets really hot and muggy before the rains get here, but then just before it rains, it gets windy and cool and you can feel the rain coming. It's so neat!
These are the lilies I told you about yesterday. When it rains, they all bloom. It's beautiful! These lilies are actually from the house Nicky grew up in. This was right after all the rain last week and they all came out in full bloom. I always think it's so pretty and I get so excited when this happens! :-)
Here's the other little flower bed out front and it has some more of "Nicky's" lilies. But, it also has this big one, see it? When that one opens, there will be about 6-8 flowers on it. It's really cool. It doesn't bloom as often, but it's so pretty when it does. THAT one is from the house I grew up in. Pretty neat, huh? The good thing about lilies is that since they are actually bulbs, somehow they survive me. lol See, I have this terrible black thumb and kill just about everything. Usually I don't get around to actually weeding these beds and Nicky just mows them over with the lawnmower and we start over. But, the lilies survive to grow back and bloom again. Thank God for bulbs!! I think He invented bulbs just for people like me!! lol
And, this is what we do with the boys when they're bad. Oh, I'm just kidding. This is actually our new dog kennel we got for the "new kids on the block". Our neighbor had one and we thought it was perfect for our girls. Of course, once we set it up, the boys had to try it out. Notice Indy has his coloring stuff in there with him. I think they thought it would make a great fort, until the girls actually put a lock on there!! lol They didn't even get upset. So, once we took the picture, we let them out and of course, they just kept climbing back in. lol Now it's in the girls' room, but it's too big, so we'll have to move it again. Thank goodness it folds down!! I must say, though, it will be great for when a hurricane comes and we have to bring the dogs inside! Ok, well that's it for now. I realized I didn't put up my Menu Plan Monday this week. Sorry about that. I'll get it next week. Oh, and I'm doing stupendously in my recipe organization! I'm so excited and I'm just working away on it, so it should be done very soon! Then I'll show you the final thing. In the meantime, have a great weekend!!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
4 comments:
ok, between you and Kathy Hills, I'm so missing rain right now. I told her I'm going to put on my cd of thunderstorm sounds and try to convince myself it's really raining.
Great pictures!
I love those dark rain clouds. I've always been a fan of summer rain storms.
LOL, love the pic of the "bad boys." And your flowers are gorgeous.
Hi Mylinda,
I finally found you! How fun!! I love the swamp buggy. Of course, I've never been on one and have no clue, but it's HUGE!!!
Click on my name to come visit our blog!
See you at the Coffee!
Love,
Betty
Love that sky! and I like pink lilies. Ours are orange...want to trade out some?
Post a Comment