Can I just say that I absolutely LOVE this popcorn popper?? I have never liked any microwave popcorn and I'm not sure why. I just think it's yucky. I know there's all sorts of flavors, and I've tried a lot of them, but I still don't like it. I also know that microwave popcorn is the "regular" fare nowadays, as far as popcorn goes, and it is somewhat easier. But...
I just love popcorn over the stove. And, yes, I cook it with oil (canola) and top it with butter (the real thing). Years ago I had an old metal pot with a lid that I designated the popcorn pot. I would make microwave popcorn for Nicky (his preference) and then over the stove stuff for me. Then I found the Whirley Pop popper. It's awesome!! I use just two teaspoons of oil and half a cup of popcorn. I even buy organic popcorn at my food coop (Makes up for the oil and butter!! lol) And, it makes a whole big bowl of popcorn. Plus, it only takes literally 3 minutes...just like the microwave stuff. The handle is made so that the kernels get moved around and all get popped. There's hardly any unpopped kernels. I guess the downside is that I actually have to clean it up afterwards, but it does clean very easily, which makes it completely worth it for me.
Oh, and when you buy the popper, it comes with a recipe booklet. We love the kettle corn recipe, which I make often for the kids and me.
So, if you prefer stove top popcorn, this is the popper for you. I bought mine several years ago and it's been well worth every dollar I spent. Of course, now I need a new one since my kids were "playing kitchen" and stepped on the handle making it "wobble" a bit while we spin it. Argh. But, it still works and works great!!
Come over sometime and have some popcorn!! :-)
Mylinda :-)
PS- I'll try to get to our weekend trip tomorrow. And, sorry about Menu Plan Monday. Just can't do it this week. I'll make sure I've got one for next week! :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Microwave popcorn? Ugh. Double ugh. Can't eat it. I'm like you - give me the stovetop version. We had a "popcorn pan" when I was growing up. It was the most beat up, worst looking pan, but it made the best popcorn.
I'll have to look for this popper somewhere. Ha ha! Fat chance of finding it here!
Post a Comment