As you know, this past weekend, we went out of town. We went to Orlando to Islands of Adventure. Did you know it costs $84.95 per person per day plus tax???? Insane, huh?? Luckily, I didn't pay that!
lol Whew! (Well, if you know me, you know I wouldn't pay that anyway.
lol) What happened is that I got this coupon in the mail getting one person into the park for free and up to six more at only $49.95 each (plus tax of course). [BTW, did you know the tax rate in Orlando/
Kissimmee is 13%??!!?? Again, insane!] We were able to get all of us into the park for $250 (well, $266, with tax)! I figured out that with the coupons we saved $260!! Isn't that great?? We don't usually do the parks up there, just because of the price, but when I saw this coupon, I thought it would be a great opportunity for us. Nicky was amazed at how much we were able to save! :-)
Ok, so the trip....we left on Friday morning around 9:30 and got up there sometime around 3. It took us a really long time, but we just kinda leisurely made the trip, stopping as we wanted. Ok, backtrack....let me just say this: Nicky was WONDERFUL this weekend! I'm sure none of you have husbands who get a little, let's say "frustrated" during family vacations, right? :-) But, sometimes Nicky does, particularly when we're trying to get out of the house. Also, when we have to stop 95 times while we're driving 3 short hours. Also, when everyone wants to do something different and no one will give in to the others. BUT, he was stupendous this weekend as far as all of that goes! I was amazed and we had such an enjoyable time!! He didn't get angry with any of the kids and even got along great with Savannah. He tortured Ashton mercilessly, which she, of course, relished then dished right back. And, of course he had fun with the boys. I am soooo grateful for such a wonderful time!!
Ok, back to the trip....Friday....we couldn't check into the hotel until 4, so we went to Wal-Mart to get Nicky some shorts. We walked out with forgotten sunscreen (me), toothbrush (Savannah), make up (Savannah), sunglasses (Nicky), bathing suit top (Savannah-do you see a pattern here?? It's called not packing until 2 hours before leaving! lol), and new shoes for Nicky, me, and both boys. I think we got more, too, but I can't remember what. We spent $125 just at Wal-Mart! Ugh. But, I guess it's not vacation for us if we don't visit the local Wal-Mart! lol After that, we checked into the hotel and rested, then went to dinner. After dinner we played miniature golf at one of the many, many mini golf places around there. This one happened to be right across the street from our hotel. See, Levi found this mini golf game on the arcade cd that came with our XBox and he LOVES it. He plays it all the time! And, he's good, too! He and Indy have a couple real golf clubs my mom gave them (thanks mom! lol) and he's got a really good swing. He loves playing golf. So, this was the plan, to play mini golf on Friday, mostly for Levi. And, boy, did he have a ball! All day the next day he kept asking if the golf place was open and if we could go back there. He's still asking! lol

When we first got there, we put the boys in the stocks, but Levi couldn't reach, so Nicky just picked him up and put him halfway through the hole! It was funny.
Here's our star golfer. He even made a hole in one! He had a blast and since we bought the new sneakers just before playing golf, he's now calling his new shoes his "golf shoes". Too funny.
Indy had a lot of fun, too. And, he also got a hole in one! He even earned a free game since his hole in one was on the "lucky hole" for that day. Too bad he can't actually play it! But, I kept the coin he got and will put it in his scrapbook.
Ashton kept getting hers right up against the sides, then would have to move it away. She was getting frustrated!
Even Savannah had fun. And, she did pretty well. She, also, got a hole in one. Man, are we good, or what?? lol

Then there was me....well I did NOT get a hole in one, unless you count the "drink" as a hole. lol Actually, I won the whole game by 1 point!! Ahaa!

Ok so I wasn't the only drink-sinker. Nicky got one in there, too, which you know I had to take a picture of! Hey, he took the one of me! Alas, he did get a hole in one. So, that means that everyone, even the 3 year old, made a hole in one, except me and Ashton! Argh! We'll get 'em next time, girl! lol
Having fun playing miniature golf. We'll do that again! :-)
Part 2 of our trip coming tomorrow. Stay tuned....
1 comment:
2 comments: If that one friend thought you were brave taking the kids to the park for a day with Nicky, tell her about taking the kids to Disney for a week without Nicky.
Also, were you and Nicky playing golf or water polo? lol, Mom
Post a Comment