
This is a meme Jessica over at Farm Fresh tagged me for. It's kind of a fun one (well depending on your perspective, lol). You have to take pictures of the list of items and post them so everyone can see what your real life is like!! :-) Here's the list:
** Your fridge
** A closet
** Kitchen sink
** Toilet
** Favorite shoes
** Favorite room in your house
** What your kids are doing right now
** Laundry
** Self portrait
So, here's my stuff:
My fridge: I wasn't sure if it's supposed to be inside or out, so I did both.

A closet: We only have one, repeat: ONE closet (besides one per bedroom) in the whole house. Yes, a family with 6 people and I only have one community closet. This one has tablecloths on the top shelf, medicines and toiletries on the second shelf, and towels (bunches of them) on the bottom two shelves.
My Kitchen Sink: This was taken last night while I was in the middle of doing dishes. Yes, I actually do dishes....no dishwasher. Why, you ask? Well, frankly, I don't know except that my house is old and so is the kitchen. Maybe someday I'll have a dishwasher. For now, I have two dishwashers, named Savannah and Ashton! lolol
Toilet: Ok, so this is how literal I am: Jessica wrote "toilet" so I took an actual photo of my toilet! lol When I checked out her site to see how she did this, she had taken a photo of her whole bathroom. Duh! I'm so silly! So, I went back and retook my photo and got the whole bathroom. Again, only one bathroom for a family of six, including two teen girls! That's fun, huh??
Favorite shoes: Well, I almost always wear these:
But, I think I have to say that my favorite shoes are these, because they're so versatile. I can wear them with skirts, pants, or capris. And, they are so comfortable!
Favorite room in my house: Probably my bedroom. I have a comfy chair I can read, pray or just veg in. Plus, the kids "usually" leave me alone when the door is closed, so I actually get some peace and quiet sometimes. :-) And, true to a hunter's family, there's a deerskin from one of Nicky's kills on the back of my chair. (Don't get grossed out, please. lol)
What my kids are doing right now: Well, last night I took some of the photos and Indy was playing XBox with Nicky.
Here's today's pictures: Ashton and the boys watching TV, since it's been raining all day for the last 3 days here and no one can go outside. Argh....
And, here's Savannah and our "adopted" son, her boyfriend, Juan.
My Laundry: This was the couch last night when I took the photos. It's the laundry that needs to be folded and the whole basket of "need to be paired" socks. Currently, the couch is cleaned off. Of course, the next load is heading there now. Never ends, does it?? lol
This is my laundry room, again, last night. Today, since we've been doing laundry it looks better. But, truthfully, it looks like this most of the time!! lol
And, finally, the Self Portrait: I must have taken 20 pix of myself and didn't like one of them! Argh! So, I took this one:
Hey, it didn't specify which part of myself I had to portrait, did it?? lol Ok, so I felt like I cheated everyone, so I took this one instead:
Still not good, huh? Oh well. I guess this one is better:
Still not great, but it's ok. Anyway, I have to tag some people for this meme, but I know some of you would be mortified if you had to post your real life. Because of that, I won't tag any of you specifically, but if you read this, consider yourself tagged. Now, IF you're brave enough, take the challenge and lets see your REAL LIFE!! Have fun!
9 comments:
i enjoyed "meeting" you. :-) thanks for the tour.
What a fun tour! Thanks for being real!!!
That was great! IKWYM about one bathroom for 6 ppl! We are already wondering how that will work when the kids get bigger. With my parents staying here half the time, someone is always waiting for the loo (and I think it's USUALLY me--the pregnant one!)
You're so cute w/ the self portrait.
Your post is really fun. And I'm so glad you put a picture of you and not just your hand. YOu are a beautiful lady.
Enough with the rain already.3 days straight, crazy.
-Amy
Congratulations on getting the 1 closet so organised with 6 people living in the house!!
Nice to see someone else who has a husband who hunts! And to see someone else with an "animal" in their bedroom. Right now I have a turkey tail drying on my husband's dresser...see my May acrchives for a picture...I would normally really push to get it out...except that it's MY turkey tail! I went hunting with my husband for the first time this year...it was a blast! Pun intended!
Nice to see someone else who has a husband who hunts! And to see someone else with an "animal" in their bedroom. Right now I have a turkey tail drying on my husband's dresser...see my May acrchives for a picture...I would normally really push to get it out...except that it's MY turkey tail! I went hunting with my husband for the first time this year...it was a blast! Pun intended!
Thanks for the tour! It's nice to see "normal" homes in which you can tell real people live there!
This was so much fun to see a glimpse into your life. I've gotta do this one, but it will take a few days I'm sure.
Post a Comment