Thursday, June 12, 2008

Islands of Adventure

We started the day off by Savannah, Nicky, and me going on The Hulk roller coaster, while Ashton watched the boys (yes, Levi was in the stroller!). She did ok, except that Levi kept crying for Mommy, which was driving her crazy and embarrassing her. Poor thing. She was sweet to stay. That Hulk ride is AWESOME! I think it's gotta be one of my favorite roller coasters anywhere. It's got lots of twists and turns and is actually a pretty long ride. I love it! I wanted to go again, and so did Savannah, but our rule was "one time per ride", since not everyone was going on everything and someone always had to wait. Bummer, but fair. Oh, and you know how they take your picture on those rides? Well, Savannah and I had been on it before, but Nicky hadn't, so when we were looking for our picture he said, "You'll see it. I'm the one with the white knuckle grip." We cracked up! And, funnier still was that in the picture, Savannah had her arms up in the air and was hooting, I was smiling, and Nicky had this look of terror on, along with the white knuckle grip!! lol Too funny!



Then we walked over to the spiderman ride, where all of us except Nicky and Levi rode. Too bad, but Levi was just a little too short for a lot of the rides. Indy could go on a bunch, though, which was great! Anyway, when we got out, the superheroes were on the street. We got in line to see Spiderman (Indy's favorite), which wasn't very long at all, surprisingly. He got to meet him, I took a picture, and they made a really cute picture, which Nicky told me to buy. Since we only got one picture, I'm still trying to decide who's scrapbook get it...Indy's or mine....hmmm.

Anyway, here's my picture.



See his big grin?? He loved meeting Spidey. :-)
I saw this sign and thought it was funny and perfect for Nicky. If you don't see it, look above his head. Fits him. :-)
All of us, except Nicky and Levi again, went on this Popeye ride. Nicky was happy to stay off, though I offered to let him go, since he hates water rides of mostly any kind. He always says, "Why should I pay good money to do something I can do for free in my bathtub?" He's such a party pooper!! lol But, this time I didn't blame him cuz I got SOAKED! Luckily it was pretty hot that day, so I dried off in a few....HOURS!! Argh. You can see Ashton, Indy, and me pretty well, but Savannah is on my other side. Nicky took this picture from the bridge as we were getting ready to go under him. Then, he let Levi shoot us with water!! Thanks, hon! :-)
After that, we went to the playground for the boys, mostly Levi, so he could do something. They had a lot of fun on top of the playground shooting water down on people in the Popeye ride! Even Nicky was shooting people! Boys never change, huh?? lol
I just thought this was a good picture of Ashton. She's getting so pretty, huh? Well, she always has been, but she's growing up now and becoming a grown-up pretty.

Ok, we stood in line, in the sun, for 65 minutes to ride this 65 second dino flyer ride for Levi and Indy. This was probably the worst part of the whole day! It was so stinkin' hot, but boy did Levi (shown here, since I was behind him) like that ride! So, I guess the wait was worth it....maybe. I had to work hard to get Nicky to go on any more rides at all!


Next we went into the dinosaur store, where Nicky played with the plastic dinosaurs, the boys found the dino guns (big surprise, huh), and Savannah found this dino head hat she tried on. It was actually kinda cute. Too bad it cost so much. In the end, we bought Levi a chomping dino head and Indy some little plastic dinosaurs in a container, complete with playmat. This came in very handy, when then boys and I had to wait for the others while they went on the bid dino scary ride. I convinced Nicky he would like it, though I've never been on it myself, and that it was too scary for me, so I'd wait with the boys. So, he went and said the line wasn't too long and it was definitely worth the wait. So, that worked out well. While they were on that ride, I took the boys to the dino "institute", which was an interactive dino play area with big dinos, which the boys loved. Indy played with the fake dino eggs and petted the dinosaurs and watched a little movie and listened to some authentic dino sounds. He thought the whole thing was really cool. I thought it was cool, too, but not in that sense. It was hot outside and the institute was air conditioned!! Yippee!! After that, we sat at a vacant picnic table, had a snack, and played with the dino toys. Great time-passers. Finally they emerged and we were on our way into the next area.





After dino land, we went into the Lost Continent area, where Ashton and Indy rode this "kiddie" roller coaster. Indy loved it and said that was one of his favorite things. Then, Savannah and I rode the Dueling Dragons, which is two side by side roller coasters with no floor. One is blue, called "Ice" and one is red, called "Fire". Last time we rode Ice, so this time we rode Fire. I'm glad Savannah likes roller coasters, cuz I love 'em. Even at my age! The faster and more twists and upside downs, the better!! Yee haa!



Then, we headed over into Dr. Seuss land, where we rode and above ground trolley, a carousel, One Fish Two Fish (a ride kinda like Dumbo at Disney, but with water), and The Cat in the Hat. The boys could ride it all and they did. They had a great time in this area. Personally, I think the park layout is kinda dumb. It's like a circle with a giant lake in the middle. The big coasters are to the left when you enter and Seuss land is to the right. If you want to ride the big rides you HAVE to go left in the morning or else the lines will be waaay too long. But, then, by the time you drag the little guys through the whole park and get to Seuss land, they're completely exhausted.



Here's Indy and Ashton on the carousel. Levi rode with Savannah in another area.



We don't know who this kid is, but Nicky thought it was funny that he was sleeping on the ride. Nicky said he felt the same way!! lol



Here's Levi in line for the Cat in the Hat ride. By this time, he was so overtired that he was almost out of control. It's like he was delirious. So much so that Nicky had to actually carry him though the line. But, we made it. Whew!



As we were leaving the park, Indy spotted this surfboard set up for pictures and wanted me to take his picture on it. Funny, huh? Notice the look of intent on his face. He's working hard, you know. :-)



On Sunday, we checked out of the hotel and drove to the Tampa area, where we dropped Savannah off at her friend, Amber's house. The girls are sitting in the barn in Amber's backyard. It's so beautiful there and I'm sure they don't miss South Florida at all. I know I wouldn't!! Savannah will be with Amber's family for two weeks.


Finally, Sunday night we arrived home, exhausted, but having had a wonderful trip. I love it when a plan comes together!! lol

2 comments:

April said...

My goodness. You are a brave woman, I don't think you could pay me enough to take all my kids to an amusement park. Nope.

I answered the No Tv ?'s on my blog.

Have a safe trip back home.

Unknown said...

What a fun day!!

We (bro & sis & me) used to say Curses, foiled again all the time! We also liked to say, "And I would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

Urgent care pics GROSS!! I guess moms do what they have to do, but I'm still grossed out about the time Aviana threw up down my back! I'm not sure I could handle oozing.