Today is Savannah's last day of school. Whew! I can't believe we survived a whole year of public school and boy, did it seem to go fast! She's done with 9th grade and will be going into 10th in the fall. Wow. That seems so old! Where has the time gone?? Why just yesterday she was starting kindergarten! I remember it well.
So, tomorrow we start summer. As I've said before, I've always hated summer for a myriad of reasons, not the least of which is that "all the school kids are out and about." (No offense to those of you who have your kids in school. It's just that we homeschoolers get spoiled at being out in the world with so few people, comparatively speaking, ya know?) (And, now I have one of "those school kids". lol) But, I'm not dreading summer this year. I'm actually looking forward to completing a list of projects I've got planned. We'll see how much I actually get done! lol Here's the list:
1. Do some scrapbooking.
2. Paint and redecorate the bathroom.
3. Tackle the girls' room by cleaning, painting, and rearranging furniture.
4. Organize my recipes.
5. Clean the fridge REALLY well.
6. Go thru school papers from this year and organize portfolios.
7. Prepare for school for next year. (We'll start Aug. 4)
Sound ambitious?? Well, I'm only leaving town twice: once this weekend and once in late July for a week. So that shouldn't hamper me. Also, I've significantly simplified my life by cutting outside commitments immensely. BUT, there are two things that could be definite roadblocks. One is Levi....need I say more?? And, the other is that I'm having some potentially serious health issues, which I may discuss at a later date...or maybe not, and that is causing me to have a bunch of dr. appointments. So, that could be a pain. Also, some of the appointments could cause me to have some down time. So, I don't know how it's going to play out. Just pray for my health if you think of it, please. Anyway, I hope I can get it all done, but I just have to keep focused. This week I've been doing lots of scrapbooking...yeah. Of course keeping the boys away from the tape and markers is "lots of fun". They're so enticing. lol Seriously, though, I only have about 4 more empty pages before I have to buy some more pages. I'm planning to finish those up today and put all my stuff away so I can begin wholeheartedly on Monday with the next project. Well, the girls' room is the most pressing, so that comes first, especially since Savannah will be gone and I can throw a bunch of her junk away and Ashton, my great cleaning helper, will be here. So the room goes first.
But, back to summer. Boy, is the calendar filling up fast. Not for me, of course, but for the kids. The girls will both be in and out all summer, so that should be fun. I'll be home working on projects and going to doctors. Ugh. But, hey, at least I'll be cool, right?? lol
Well, that's it for now. Hopefully I'll be able to post some pix of our weekend in Orlando on Monday. So, have a great weekend and I'll talk to you soon.
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment