I know you all up north (or out west), where it snows a lot think I know nothing of cabin fever. Well, you're wrong. Actually, to tell the truth, I'm just now learning about cabin fever. Well, sort of.
Now that I have a/c, I'm finding that we here in sunny South Florida don't get cabin fever in the winter, we get it in the summer. I can't hardly get the kids to go outside during the daytime, and frankly, I don't want to go outside during the daytime. We're basically "stuck" inside all day long. It's so stinkin' hot out there that we really can't go out, unless we want to dehydrate, until the late afternoon/evening when the sun is going down. I feel stuck inside until dinnertime, when it's absolutely beautiful outside. Unfortunately, that's when I'm cooking dinner!! The kids finally go out (then I can't get them in!!), but then I am inside. I look out my kitchen window, longing to go out, but alas, I can't. Well, I can, but then we won't eat until about 8:30 or 9 and the kids won't ever go to bed! So, basically, I'm stuck in all the time. Argh. Now, I know that sounds pathetic to you all who get REAL cabin fever and truly can't get outside at all for fear of freezing (or because your door is covered in snow), but it feels real to me and I guess now I can empathize just a little bit. But, at least I have the air now (Boy, it doesn't take long to get spoiled, does it??) and can relax inside and look out my nice, non-broken or covered windows and long for the time I can finally spend the whole day outside!
This sure is a new experience for me!! :-)
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, I never thought about that! Our libraries have good programs here in the summer--breaks up the monotony a bit. It gets plenty hot in IA too! But probably nothing like FL
Makes me wonder how the ppl on CSI:Miami can dress like they do.
Post a Comment