Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

I bet you thought I wasn't going to post for Father's Day, didn't you? Well, I'm not...sort of. My wonderful daddy passed away about 5 1/2 years ago, so he's no longer with us, laboring away here on earth, but living the high life with Jesus. Lucky him! lol I wanted to write "something" for today, but then again, I don't. I'm not really sure why. I kinda like writing about him more on his birthday, which is in November, so watch for a post on my dad then.

As far as the other dad in my life, my husband, Nicky....well, what can I say? He's a great dad, too, but I really don't want to write about him, either, and again, I don't know why. We did have a nice day today with him. We made waffles for breakfast, went to church, gave him some presents (an r/c car, two movies and a t-shirt), and hung out. Maybe I've got too much on my mind lately, I dont' know. Oh well.

Then there's my father-in-law. He's a great dad, too. But, I dont' want to write about him either. So, I'm fresh out of dads unless we delve into my brother or brother-in-law or uncles or cousins, but if I didn't write about my own dad, I'm certainly not going to write about them. Ha!

So, there you go: My Father's Day post. Kinda crappy, but hey, they can't all be gems now, can they?? lol Maybe I'll get on the Father's Day band wagon next year, but maybe not. We'll see.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I second that (e)motion.