I think I'll change the name of my blog to "The Adventures of Levi", you know, like "The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh"? since at least a quarter of all my posts seem to be about him. I had this great, thought-provoking post about "The Peace that Passes Understanding" (which I will actually write sometime!), but oh, no, I have another adventure of Levi to share. How surprising!
Before the suction thingie....
Time to proceed.... Yikes!
You remember awhile ago I told you about Levi sticking the Lego up his nose, right? If you missed that gem, you can check it out here. Ok, so yesterday, our window inspector was finally scheduled to come inspect our windows. Now, we'd actually be able to put some stuff back and get to orgainzing. I was so happy, until......about 10am when Levi came to me crying saying "Stuck!". I checked him out, but didn't see anything stuck. So, I returned to my work. He kept poking me and crying and saying "stuck!". So, finally I noticed that he pointed to his nose. I said, "Oh, no you didn't!" and I lifted his head to see a piece of Kix cerealy stuck in his nostril. I couldn't believe it! Not once before the Lego incident nor once since has he put anything other than a finger up his nose!! So, I got him to the couch and ran for the tweezers and flashlight. Well, sometime while I was searching for the flashlight, he decided it was bothering him, so he stuck his finger up there and pushed it in further. Of course. Did we expect otherwise?? lol Anyway, so since I now couldn't even see it, I called the Dr. and he said that if I couldn't see it, we had to go to the ER. So, once again, off to the ER we went. Now, mind you, I live in a major urban city, so an ER wait is usually 2-3 hrs, if you're lucky. I've been there (mostly waiting) for up to 6 hrs. before. Anyway, by the time we actually saw the doctor the cereal had mostly fallen apart, but there were still two chunks stuck on the sides, so they flushed them out with salt water and a suction thingie. They got it all and he was fine. Thank goodness.
Time to proceed.... Yikes!
Now, my delima was that the inspector was finally coming and I didn't want to miss him. So, I called my wonderful friend, Linda, practically crying and she dropped everything and came over to wait with all my kids (and hers) for the inspector. While I was at the hospital, Linda called to tell me that we passed inspection...Yipee!!
THEN, about 5:40pm, while I was cooking dinner and Nicky was standing about 5 feet from him, Levi got up, unlocked the front door and walked out, closing it behind him. A few minutes later I walked out of the kitchen and asked Nicky where Levi was and he said he didn't know. We searched the whole house and yard to no avail. Nicky went one way down the block and I drove my car the other way around the block. Upon my return, I saw Nicky holding Levi in his arms. Apparently, he decided to go to the neighbor boy's house, 3 doors down and knock on the their door. The boy graciously brought Levi home. Mind you, I live in a large city, where unknown people drive through the neighborhood all the time. It's a very nice neighborhood, where we know most everyone (and they know us), but there's always the stray person around. And, yes, Levi did get in BIG trouble for escaping. Now we've got to get a spring-loaded hook for the front door.
Just to let you know, earlier in the day, before the cereal incident, I caught Levi eating the ink portion of a crayola marker and then I found yellow speckles in his diaper from the yellow crayon he ate the day before. And, everyone wonders why I'm so particular about buying non-toxic art supplies! You never know when your little one will decide they look so good they could eat them!
I just thought you'd like to hear about my adventures yesterday. Now you know why my hair is finally going gray!! lol And, tomorrow I'll work on the Peace that Passes Understanding. Boy, am I ever glad there is such a thing!!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
PS-No, I'm not really going to change the name of my blog. :-)
2 comments:
And this is why, after two hours alone with Levi, my daughter decided that I didn't need to have another baby after all!! LOL!! My brother, when he was 4, stuck a piece of corn up his nose on Thanksgiving! At least Kix dissolves, you know. But this was in a small town where doctors made house calls, even on Thanksgiving. And once, my cousin stuck dog food up his nose. See, it can always get worse!
LOL...you had me laughing good.
Post a Comment