This evening I took a walk around the block and the wind was blowing. It made the evening so pleasant, but it made me think of "the winds of change".
Tomorrow is Savannah's first day of school....ever. She'll be going to a local public high school. We're excited and nervous. Even her Daddy. On Friday Savannah and I went over to the school to find her first period class so she wouldn't get lost on Monday. She said that was what she was most nervous about: that she'd get lost and not be able to find her first class. When we went, her teacher was in there, so we were able to meet her. This was great and she seems very nice. I think this helped relax her a little bit. She's also concerned about where we'll meet to pick her up. You and I know that all these things will work out, but I think she's really nervous about the "unknown", ya know? I'm sure she'll do fine, but her going to school signifies the beginning of the end for me. It's the beginning of the end of my child rearing years. I know that sounds strange, but as of tomorrow, I'll have one less child around all the time. If things go as (we've) planned, Ashton will be going in just two short years and then I'll be down to two. Just two short years after that, Savannah will be going to college. And, on it goes. Of course, you never know what the Lord has planned, which can be (and many times is) waaay different from what we've planned. So, you never know. Part of me is excited for the new beginning Savannah is having, but another part of me is so darn sad. I'll miss her so much! So, if you think of us tomorrow, just say a little prayer for Savannah and for her mother! lol
Another change for tomorrow is that Nicky's going on night shift. Yuck! I hate having to stop my day by 2pm to get him ready. I never get those couple hours back after he leaves. I could, but don't, because by then, it's evening time and I'm just too tired. So, I am really losing about 3 hours. Of course, I don't like not seeing Nicky so much, either. I think he'll be off nights by the second week of October, so we've got about 7 weeks of this.
And, in other news, Nicky hooked my washing machine back up last night, til he finishes and the inspector comes, but the stupid thing is fried. Truly. It already has water just dribbling in, taking 4-6 hours per load, but now the thing won't even agitate. So, now, not only do we have to buy an oven, but also a washing machine! Why, oh why do these things happen in groups??? Why can't they happen one at a time??? Well, I'd say: Say la vee, but I have no idea how to spell it, so I'll skip it. :-)
Anyway, I guess that's it for now. Oh, Levi was sick again last night so I ended up sleeping on the couch. Pray that no one else gets sick again. Well, I'll try to write tomorrow and let you know how the first day of school goes. Have a great week!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey,
We'll pray for Savannah today and for Levi too, poor baby. Sorry about the washer. Hope you can get a good deal on a new one.
Kathy
Praying for Savannah, and for Savannah's mommy. It sounds like between her going off to school, Levi's illnesses, and your house-issues, you have more than enough on your plate.
Let us know how she does!
Post a Comment