Friday, August 31, 2007

Creamy Mashed Potato Bake

Here is a recipe I tried last night and it was a hit. Probably not low fat in the least, but really yummy!! :-)

Creamy Mashed Potato Bake

3 C. mashed potatoes (I used about 4 cups)
1 C. sour cream
1/4 C. milk
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/3 C. French Fried onions, divided
1 C. shredded Cheddar cheese, divided

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine mashed potatoes, sour cream, milk, and garlic powder.

2. Spoon half of mixture into 2-qt. casserole. Sprinkle with 2/3 C. french fried onions and 1/2 C. cheese. Top with remaining potato mixture.

3. Bake 30 minutes or until hot. Top with remaining 2/3 C. onions and 1/2 C. cheese. Bake 5 minutes or until onions are golden.

** I might use dried chives next time instead of the fried onions and I think I used more than a cup of cheese.

1 comment:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Ooh, this sounds yummy. I'm gonna have to try it. Thank you!