Friday, August 03, 2007

This is Why Levi Will be the Key to my Undoing...



You may be wondering what and where this is, so here's the story....

This morning Levi found me and said, "Juice". He kept repeating it, so I followed him. I spotted his juice cup and picked it up and handed it to him. Again, he said, "Juice", over and over. I followed him into my room, where he stood in the doorway pointing toward my bed saying "Juice". I told him to show me, so he walked over to my bed and climbed on. I walked to the side of my bed, trying to find what juice he was talking about. He reached for my covers and pulled my sheets and comforter back and said "juice" while showing me an EGG that he had left for me. Smooshed. (Yes, please, take a closer look) Why was there an egg in my bed? Why is it smooshed? And, why, oh why, did this have to happen when I don't have a washing machine??? So, even though I had plans, God allowed me to take a detour to the laundry mat to wash my only set of sheets, my comforter, and my $70 plastic-bottomed mattress pad (that I am so very glad we put the extra money out for! This was it's second save...the first being when Indy puked on my bed a couple months ago.).

Later, as I was stripping the bed and gathering my washing paraphernalia, Levi was following me around poking me in the b-tt with an alligator puzzle piece, growling.


I guess I just have to sigh and smile. Sunday he will be three and in just a few short years he'll be grown. I hope I survive! LOL

On a lighter note...don't you just love it when God winks at you? What do I mean by "wink"? That's just what I call it. Take today for example. I literally went to 6 different places looking for baseball cleats for Indy. No one had them. They either had the wrong size or none at all or only $60 per pair ones (which I don't' care how much he wants to play tee ball, he's not getting a $60 pair of shoes to play in!!!). This was all after the laundry mat, mind you, and I was exhausted. I just wanted to go home. As I was leaving the store parking lot, 4 of those little green South American parrots flew right past my car. They flew by so quickly that I didn't even have time to point them out to Indy. I opened my mouth and they were gone.....then I smiled. God just winked at me. It was just a little bit of His beauty to give me a boost. To encourage me and to remind me that He was thinking about me. I love that. He's so cool. And, so sweet, knowing how tired and frustrated I was. Sometimes He's brought me a butterfly, a rainbow, a cool breeze, a beautiful sunset, and a host of other things. Has God ever winked at you? If so, tell me about it.

Blessings,

Mylinda :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Christian psychotherapist, Catherine Hickem, talks about God winking at us. Did you hear her speak at Wayside several years ago? She was there for a women's morning time one Sunday. Sorry about the egg incident. At least he told you before you started smelling it. Yewwww!

Anonymous said...

Oh, no. The moment I saw the picture I knew what it was. It's a good thing he pointed it out to you before you "found" it by accident.

As far as God winks, It happens all the time. My favorite was always a shooting star right in the middle of one of my prayers.