Sunday, August 05, 2007

The Big 3!

Today is Levi's 3rd birthday! I can't believe my baby's not a baby any more. As you well know, Levi is so adventurous and curious. He wears me out, but he brings so much life and joy to our family. He's a typical "baby of the family", getting his way with most everyone in the family and being watched out for by each of us. Without Levi this home and family would be rather dull. I am grateful for Levi and the excitement he brings.

My labor and delivery with Levi was frought with trouble. I had to be induced 2 1/2 weeks early because I developed preeclamsia, though I didn't have a history of that. I had high blood pressure, group B str-p, and was throwing up the whole day while in labor (sorry for tmi!). By the end of the day, the dr. suggested a c-section because he was not progressing at all. I'd never had a c-section, but knew I was so week from throwing up that I wouldn't be able to push with any good result, so I agreed. So, I had my first c-section and the dr. found Levi with his hand above his head, which was why he wasn't progressing. Because of the high blood pressure medication, I couldn't nurse for 24 hours, so I only got to hold him and bottle feed. The day or so after his delivery, I whispered to him that he was extra special because it took so much extra work to get him here. He is a true blessing to me and I am so glad to be able to have Levi for my son. Even though he is causing my gray hair! :-) Happy Birthday, big boy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday, Levi! God Bless you!

Marcena Neil said...

I do hope you don't mind, but I tagged you for a meme. Stop by my site to check it out. Of course you may or may not choose to play. I do hope you will! :0)