Well, it's finally happened. I've finally been tagged for a meme. Oh, I've read several blogs where they tag everyone who reads their blog, but I don't do those. I've been waiting to be tagged individually. And, I finally have. And, boy is it a doosey! Thanks to Muddy Mama over at Muddy Bathwater, I finally feel like an official part of the blogging community. Thank you! :-)
Ok, so here's my meme: Name 5 Things You Love About Jesus. Well, I must say, I saw that I had been tagged last night, but felt that I needed time to reflect and pick my fav 5, so I'm not posting til today. So, here goes (not in any particular order):
1. His Creativity: Jesus is just so creative...and smart. I am impressed easily and I am constantly amazed at His creativity and brilliance. When I'm outside and see a beautiful sunset or watch the rain, I am so impressed. And, bubbles. Who would ever think of bubbles? Really. They have no purpose that I can think of. They're a side effect of soap, yet they're there and they're beautiful and they entertain littles for looong periods of time. How creative! And, when I'm teaching my kids something scientific about bodies or space or the intricacies of plants or the water cycle....gosh, who would ever think of all that stuff? Sometimes I just say, "Man, God is so smart!" I know that's like a "No, duh!" statement, but again, I am easily impressed.
2. His Love and Care: It continually amazes me at how the Creator of the universe can give one little hoot about me, but for some amazing reason He does. I just love that He not only loves us, but actually cares about us and every stinkin' detail of our minuscule lives. He cares where I park and if I have money to buy groceries and if I can make it on time and even when someone hurts my feelings. Seems like He'd have better things to do, but isn't it amazing that He's just sitting around waiting to talk to me? Waiting for me to come to Him? And, even more, I am floored that He would have suffered and died for me, even if I had been the only person on earth. Man, I wish I could love like that!
3. His Gifts: His generosity just astounds me. I think of all the gifts He's given me like family and friends and my home and oh so many other things. But I also think of stuff like laughter and sunshine and bugs and a working car and a roof over my head and country where I can worship freely. Sometimes we get lectures about being grateful in all circumstances, and I really do try, and sometimes it's hard, but it's great knowing He's in control and we're just along for the ride. Oh, and I'm thankful for the ride, too!
4. His humor: Boy, does God have a sense of humor....just watch Levi for an hour!! LOL I have a picture of Jesus in my living room, head thrown back, mouth open, laughing like He's just heard the best knee-slapper ever. Its title is "Jesus Laughing". I never actually wanted a picture of Jesus, but when I spotted this one, I was immediately entranced. I am amazed at the array of reactions I get to that picture. It's kind of a shock when all you've ever seen are pictures of Him as a shepherd or with a serious face, but once you look at it, really look at it, it grows on you. You begin to realize that He actually created humor and laughter and those are God-invented gifts that we should use fully. They remove tension and sometimes even help with illness. They bond people together. And, sometimes I can just hear Him up there chuckling at me and the sticky spot He's put me in just to see what I'll do. He's so much fun and I'm so glad my God isn't a boring, stick-in-the-mud that some people imagine Him to be.
5. Our Hope in Him: We had a lesson in Sunday School about this not too long ago; about the difference between our Hope in the Lord and the world's vision of hope. The world says, "I hope you do well" or "I hope you have fun", but our Hope in Jesus is oh, so much deeper. His Hope is a concrete, without-a-doubt, peaceful knowledge of our future. He is my Hope, my knight in shining armor, in a dying world and I know where I'll be when I die. I know I will see my father again (who died in 2002) and so many other loved ones who've gone on before me. I never saw this more clearly that at my father's viewing. There were grown men, young and old, shaking our hands just sobbing, while we stood there, smiling and thanking them for coming. They gushed about how wonderful he was and we comforted them. I couldn't understand it until the Lord opened my eyes to the fact that they had no hope. They didn't have His Hope, His peace and I did. The difference between the world's hope and the Lord's hope all of a sudden became crystal clear and boy, was I grateful that I had the "right" kind of hope.
Ok, well that's it for this meme. I "hope" (wink, wink) you enjoyed it! So, now I'm going to make my tags and they are....(drumroll, please).....Lori, Lisa, Amy, Kathy, and Emily. Now, you all have to post your 5 Favs about Jesus and then tag 5 other people. So, have fun! And, I look forward to your answers!
Blessings,
Mylinda :-)
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks, and I mean that facetiously...I was happy not knowing what a meme was...why did you have to educate me? I'm going to need time for this. :) Kathy
I will do this tag too. LOve it. Thanks for tagging me.
Very well done Mylinda! I knew you were the right one to tag. :0)
Post a Comment