Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Beginnings

So last week the boys started some new activities. Ashton was supposed to, also, but it didn't work out, so we'll try again this week. Thursday, both boys started their sports for the new season.


Levi was first, with golf lessons at a new location. His class is for 3-5 year olds and there's 5 students, all little boys. It's so cute. That day, Levi put his golf clubs by the front door about 8 am and kept telling me it was time to go. lol

When they first got there, the coach put them all on the golf cart to take them over to where the lesson would take place. Of course, that was a big hit! Once they got there, the first thing he had them do was to stretch.

Then they got down to the fun business of hitting the balls.
The coach taught them 2 swings. They did pretty well, but more important, Levi had a ball! He can't wait to go again!


Later that day, Indy started soccer. Now, let me go back a little bit to Tuesday. We had another doctor visit for Indy's arm. He said the fracture was all healed, but it was still fragile and said Indy shouldn't play any sports for two more weeks. He even wrote a note saying so (for school, I guess). But....Indy's been looking forward to soccer so much and I felt terrible that he'd have to miss the first two weeks. So, I let him play anyway (Do I get a Bad Mom Award for that??). I told him to wear his brace and take it easy and I told his coach about his arm and he got to play. He was so happy.

His practice time is after dark, so the pictures didn't turn out great. They'll be better when he has games, since they're in the daytime.
Indy made some friends right away and he actually played really well. I was very impressed.
Anyway, both boys had a lot of fun in their respective sports and can't wait to go back.
PS- Only 3 days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You only get the "Bad Mom Award" if the arm gets hurt.

Hope I get to see Indy playing soccer and, of course, I can't wait to see Levi at his lesson and we'll go play the Par 3/4 again. I think I'd better talk to Jason about some lessons of my own. Mom C.