Tuesday, January 20, 2009

WOW! What a trip!

Well, we made it back and everyone is happy & healthy. So, do you want to hear all about it?? Here goes....

We arrived on Friday afternoon about 4pm. Once we checked in and found our room, we walked around the hotel to check it out. It was a beautiful hotel.

This was the view from our balcony. Pretty cool, huh? It was so pretty...and quiet! The animals stay out in these savannas all the time, so we actually saw them at nighttime, too.


These are some of the giraffes out our balcony. Oh, they gave us a room down at the very end of the hall, so it was actually a little bigger than the other rooms. It was really nice.

I took my Hidden Mickeys book and we enjoyed finding them throughout the trip. One of the first ones was the one on this giraffe etched into the rock. Can you find it?? It's a classic Mickey, which is his head and two ears.


Anyway, after looking around the hotel, we went over to Downtown Disney, where we ate dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and shopped to our hearts content. That was one of our favorite things: We were able to stop and shop at any and all stores we wanted to... and we stayed as long as we wanted. That's something you just can't do with kids around. Normally, we limit the shops and the time we're in them.

Saturday morning we got up early and when I peeked out our curtains, this is what I saw. The sun was just coming up over the trees. It was so pretty.


First thing, we headed over to the Magic Kingdom. Once inside, I stopped by town hall to get our "Happy Anniversary" buttons. I guess I made a big deal about it, cuz when we got them, Nicky asked, "That's all you wanted?" I said, "Yep. That's it." He said, "Boy, you're a cheap date." lol He's so funny. We had the obligatory picture taken on Main Street then went for breakfast at the Crystal Palace. This is us outside the restaurant.
Apparently, Disney had a notation on their computer that we were celebrating our anniversary because every place we ate, they made big deal about it, which you know I just loved! Anyway, when we were seated, this is how we found the confetti on our table. Cute, right?

This is a close-up of the confetti. It's Mickey heads! I saved it for my scrapbook! lol


The Pooh characters were there, too. Here's Nicky with Piglet....
...and me with Tigger.

Our server asked how long we'd been married and when we told him 20 years, he said, "You're freaking me out! I thought maybe 10, but not 20!" Then he gave us a certificate signed by Pooh, Piglet, Tigger, & Eeyore. Plus, then he tapped on a glass to get everyone's attention and announced that "Mr. & Mrs. Drury are celebrating their 20th anniversary, so let's give them a big hand!" Everyone clapped and then he told us to "smooch", which we did and everyone clapped again. It was cute.

Ok, I think that's enough for right now. More tomorrow. Oh, by the way, in case you couldn't find it, the hidden Mickey on the giraffe is right above his front, left leg (the second one in front). See it now? Bye.

2 comments:

Amy said...

It looks like you had a ton of fun and it sounded so relaxing.

Kathy - mom of many said...

Okay, I finally see the hidden Mickey on the giraffe, but it really looks more like petals of a flower instead. What can I say? I see flowers instead of Mickey's - that's not a bad thing. LOL