Speaking of a schedule, I wrote up this schedule, in half hour increments, running from 6:30 am to about 4 pm. And it worked great! I actually got everything done, including 5 or 6 loads of laundry and clearing the table of school stuff (which rarely happens) for dinner. It was awesome, even if we did finish a little later than usual. We worked on school subjects for that half hour and when the time was up, we stopped and moved to the next thing. This, I think, is what allowed us to get so much done. Without the designated time allotment,(1) I tend to try to fit too much into one day, overburdening the kids and myself; (2) the kids see no end to their task, thus dragging on forever; and (3) it allowed me time with Ashton and Indy individually ithout spending too much time with one, neglecting the other (which happens lot!). I scheduled Levi, too, alternating his activities with calm and active things. And, believe it or not, I even fit in walking, quiet time (Bible reading), and reading my current selection.... all for me! Whoo hoo! It sure helps having realistic expectations! lol
Anyway, here is a picture of my slightly not aligned schedule, which I posted on the kitchen cabinet. I think the kids really like the structure and kept running in to check what was next all day. lol


2 comments:
Sounds very encouraging. That's my motto this year..."Be Encouraged."
Ok. I guess I need to make myself a schedule so I can accomplish more too. I haven't scheduled myself for awhile. (I resist them.) As my kids have gotten older, I've eased up. But it hasn't necessarily been a good thing.
So...you've inspired me. I'll get at it.
Post a Comment