Ok, I need some help! Argh! We are *almost* done with school (Ashton, specifically). We're finishing up history and language, and just plan to keep on with math over the summer in a more relaxed pace. Right now, however, while finishing up, we're kinda "cramming" for testing, which is on the 15th and 16th. I'm feeling pretty good about what we've accomplished. BUT....the boys are driving me nuts!
Apparently, watching videos, playing on the computer and on XBox, making "playgrounds" for the turtles, playing in the sandbox and swimming pool, chasing the dogs, digging in the dirt to make tracks for cars, and digging for rocks just isn't enough activity. Apparently, we need some more stuff to do. Go figure. So, while I'm working diligently with Ashton, they're fighting and throwing things at each other and taking each other's toys and basically doing anything they can to annoy the other one or destroy the house and yard. I know. I know that they need some "organized" activities, but what kind? I'm so used to girls that I could say, "Hey, let's play with some playdough!" or "Let's paint!". These activities just don't end up the same with boys. And, I for sure, can't leave them to do these on their own. So, what can I give them to do that will keep them busy while I'm trying desperately to finish up Ashton's school? Some of you guys have boys, so can you please give me some ideas of stuff I can do with the boys to keep them busy and entertained??
Thanks.
In other news....
Yeah! I worked out this morning! Whoo hoo! I'm so proud!
Oh, and we lost a turtle yesterday. It was the box turtle that someone saved from an untimely death on I-95 about 4 years ago, and gave to us. We named him "Speedo" for a reason. He's fast! So, yesterday, Indy took some of the little turtles out to play with and apparently Speedo got away, but Indy neglected to tell me. He told his dad about 7:30 last night, so we were outside, in the dark, looking for a fast turtle who had a, what, 8 hour head start? Yeah, right. Of course, we didn't find him. I was relieved it was the "free" turtle instead of one we actually paid for, but Nicky wasn't so happy. :-(
Ok, I guess that's it for now. LMK if you have any ideas to help me with the boys....
Tuesday, May 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go working out! Maybe you will still find the turtle.
Not a clue what to do with those 2 little boys. Good luck. Mom
I'll my boys is why I'm so fed up with homeschooling. Besides boys being busy they want to be with mom and need mom as a ref. Thats why most days I have my big boys play with my little boys in the morning after lunch Josh and Joanna take a nap and then Ezra will sit and do school with the big boys. But I've need the big boys do school in the morning or we wouldn't get it done. So I make homemade playdough, or make cookies, or do somehands on activity with mom. While the big boys do some school. I then rotate activites, legos, trainset, look at books, draw, and play by yourself time. The boys really like it when I play duck duck goose and hide in seek. I also have a daily helper. It seems with so many they want to be singled out and feel special. So I'll have Ezra or Josh help me take the clothes out the drier or in the washer. They love to through the clothes in to the washer (shoot he scores). I try to involve them into some of my chores so they can Have one and one time and I get something done. But it doesn't always work out. Each day is a new day. I give my older boys education to the Lord because I don't give enough time to it. The big boys do a lot of chores, and playing with the little boys. I do make sure the read daily, and do math. I hope that helps I'm still learning.
Post a Comment