
Yippee! It's my birthday!! My 41st! You'd think I'd conveniently forget about birthdays now, but no way! I love my birthday! It's the only day that I have completely to myself. I have to share every other special day. I have to share my anniversary with Nicky, Mother's Day with misc. mothers in my family, Christmas with everyone, Valentine's Day with Savannah, Nicky, and pretty much the whole family, etc. SO, this makes my birthday my very own special day. I love all the attention, even if I don't get that much. Just knowing it's my day makes it wonderful. lol
You guys are great! I hadn't even posted yet today and you've already sent me wishes in my comments from yesterday's post. I love it!! Thanks for the notes! So, for the record, today's been pretty much a normal day. I took Savannah to school, then Ashton to piano, then the boys to the park. Then we went to BJ's and did the regular shopping and now I'm home working on dishes and preparing dinner for Nicky to take to work with him since he's now on night shift. I think tonight we'll be going to church and then home. Pretty normal. Unfortunately, the only downside to today is that I seem to have a little injury on one of my toes, which is very sore and making it difficult to move about comfortably. Bummer.
But, on the upside, yesterday we had our new computer installed at our house and it's wonderful! Guess what that means?? I'm TYPING!!!! Yes, on an actual keyboard!! It's amazing!! I've almost forgotten how to type....well, not really, but I'm a little out of practice. So now, I'll be able to email more faithfully and leave a LOT more comments on people's blogs.....just wait!! I'm soooo excited!! This computer was not a birthday present, because we had planned to get one anyway, it just happened to coincide with my birthday, so that was really neat. (See how much more I'm posting now that I'm able to type??) Not only did we get the new computer, but also a flat screen monitor (takes up oh so much less room) and a printer that is also a fax and scanner. Pretty cool, huh? It's been fun to play with it all.
So, you wanna see something fun?? This is what I'm gonna love about having a scanner......
This is me at 4 mos. old. Wasn't I a cutie pie?? lol And, see, I had red hair even then!! :-)

This was taken at my second birthday party. I remember just loving this dress. First of all, I thought it was sooo pretty (I'm sure it was the purple! lol) and second it was this really flighty taffeta type material that made me feel like a princess!! I still think this dress is pretty.

This is one of my most favorite pictures of my childhood. I think it's such a hoot. If this was one of my kids, you know I'd be taking a picture, too. lol And, later, maybe use it for blackmail. Just kidding. My mom didn't use it for that. Of course, she probably figured I wouldn't care and would be happy to show off such a cute picture! :-)

Boy, who knew this picture would be so prophetic?!? lol Here I am in my pj's and robe, with messy hair, getting breakfast for my "baby". Some things never change, huh?? I love the "you've got to be kidding that you're taking my picture" look. So true life. lol

This one was taken on my 10th birthday with all my birthday gifts. I was so proud. Love the Bionic Woman game! lol Does this date me, or what??

This was taken for my 12th birthday when I was in 6th grade. I had such an "ugly" complex at that time and when I saw this picture I thought it was just beautiful. It really made me feel good about myself. I think I even carried one around in my "purse" so I could look at it. I think I have a special bond with this picture! lol

This one was taken when I was in 10th or 11th grade. I can't remember exactly, and the color never was super great, but I loved this picture because it made my eyes really stand out.

And, this one was taken when I was 19 years old. Nicky, me, and my brother, Richard, went up to North Florida to visit my grandmother on Memorial Day weekend after Nicky and I had just started dating (just 3 mos. earlier). While we were there, we took my grandmother to Silver Springs, which is like a theme park with the "world famous glass bottomed boats". Richard and I had been there as kids, but Nicky had never been there, so it was a lot of fun. This was taken by Nicky at Silver Springs. I promise that's not a grimace on my face. The sun was in my eyes. But, argh, look how thin I was!!

4 comments:
Love the pictures. What a beautiful baby, little girl and what a beautiful woman. I'm glad you had a great day.
Hey, Happy Birthday! I've been thinking of you all day. Really, it started early when we read Prov. 4 together and we all realized it was March 4th, your birthday. The girls know it too. Of course, I knew it was coming but did I send a card...no, not procrastinating Kathy. Sorry. I'll make it up to you...maybe we can do something one night.
Loved the trip down memory lane. It seems like just a year or two ago. Happy Birthday, baby. love, Mom C.
Oh my, how did I miss your birthday??? Happy belated birthday. The pictures were so much fun.
Post a Comment