Friday, March 13, 2009

What I'll Miss

I think one thing I'll miss a lot when the kids are all grown and gone is the surprises they leave around the house. Things they do (then don't put away! lol) that I find and smile at. Like this:
Last night when I went to the bathroom, just before bed, I saw this. It's Indy's Nerf darts from his Nerf gun that he left in this organized and neat manner stuck on the bathroom wall. It was funny.
Then this morning, while I fixed their breakfast, I found this one on the TV. Things like this just give me a smile and kinda brighten my day. It's so cute! :-)

In other news, Ashton received her acceptance letter yesterday, from the magnet school she applied to for high school next year. Actually, it's Savannah's school, but a different program: Culinary Arts. She's very excited...and nervous...and I think, a little sad. She will accept the spot and start school in the fall and "try it out" for at least a quarter to see how she likes it. If she's not happy, she'll come back home and homeschool, but I think she'll like it. So, now, next year, I'll only have the boys home. That will be fun...like starting homeschooling all over with my 11 years experience. Do you realize that if I hadn't had the boys, this would be my last year homeschooling?? Wow! I think I'd be very disappointed because I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of it!! lol So now I'm excited that I get to start over. Anyway, I will miss having Ashton around, and as to be expected, I'm a little sad, too, but I know she'll do great. It's all in the Lord's hands and I am confident that He's in control. :-)

Another do you realize: This school year I have one child in every school category. This will never happen again. Savannah in high school, Ashton in middle school, Indy in elementary school, and Levi in preschool. Talk about spread out! lol Oh well, at least it's never dull around here! :-) Gotta run.

1 comment:

Truth said...

Oh that is so funny. I DO miss those things. I also remember when I had my kids at 4 different schools. What craziness trying to keep track of schedules.