On Friday, we had our homeschool enrichment classes, which allowed Mamo and Mamuz to stay at the hotel and sleep in! I know they were happy and enjoyed a little down time. That afternoon, after Nicky left, we all went to Build-a-Bear Workshop, where Mamo and Mamuz each built a bear. They had so much fun picking out the clothes! Then they came home and dressed the new bears. It was too cute!! lol Of course, Mamo bought all the kids something for their own bears (they all have their own). After that, I took the kids to go pick up our veggies from our co-op, while Mamo and Mamuz checked out a closing-down scrapbook store, looking for bargains. That night I made philly cheesesteak sandwiches, which is another of my mom's favs and then took Ashton up to church for the youth service. Oh, the WAVE group I'm in also performed that night. (WAVE is a group who sign [ASL] worship songs for ministry) I was so nervous, but only messed up one major time and a couple minor times....not too bad. While I was gone, Mamo and Mamuz played Uno (one of Indy's favs) with the boys.


On Saturday morning, we had our homeschool group's annual family picnic at a local park. Mamo and Mamuz were supposed to meet us there, but Mamuz had a little mishap at the hotel and wasn't feeling too well, so they skipped the picnic. Thankfully, Nicky didn't have to even work on Saturday night, so we got to sit around and relax.....until we had to leave for Indy's soccer awards night. It was nice, but didn't last too long. I'm glad. Indy had fun seeing his friends and coach one more time. He wasn't too thrilled with soccer, so I don't know if he'll play again, but Levi might. We'll see.Anyway, on Sunday morning, my WAVE group had to perform again, during Sunday School and thankfully, I did better. lol The group is primarily young people, and they just pick these songs and signs up so quickly!!! It can be very frustrating for me, but I remind myself that they've been doing it waaay longer than me!! lol Anyway, we only went to Sunday School then went home. Mamuz stayed at the hotel and Mamo went to have breakfast and visit with her cousin who lives near me. She had a nice time. I'm glad. On Sunday afternoon, I took the older kids over to a nearby marina so they could have a picnic and walk on the boardwalk. They had a lot of fun. And, that night I took Indy to a special class he's taking at church this month. Later that evening, Mamo played cards with the girls and Mamuz. They all had fun.
On Monday, it was back to school for Savannah. I had my podiatrist appointment that morning and then we were meeting Mamo and Mamuz at the zoo afterwards. Little did I know that the doctor would be numbing up my whole foot and cutting into my toe. Argh! He gave me a prescription for antibiotics, which I ran by the drugstore right afterwards. My toe was bleeding and missing half the nail, but the nurse wrapped it up so big I had to wear flip flops to the zoo. And I never wear flip flops except to the beach. And, if you know me, I'm rarely at the beach!! lol So, here I am, walking around the zoo in flip flops with a numb and bandaged foot! I was a sight. Then, we had this "great idea" to rent one of the safari cycles to get around the zoo, thinking this would be more fun for Mamuz than a wheelchair (she wouldn't be able to walk the zoo). And, it was. Unfortunately, it was me and Ashton doing the peddaling. Mamo helped, too, but it was tiring. We did walk around some areas that were not accesible to the bikes. By the time we left a couple hours later, my foot was losing the numbness and starting to throb. I came home, took some Tylenol, and put my feet up before I had to get Savannah from school. That night was Levi's golf lesson, which this time Mamo went with me to. We were able to walk the distance this time and my mom got some cute pictures. She really enjoyed watching the lesson and seeing how much the coach was teaching these little guys. It was so cute! That night, my mom's cousin came over to visit Mamuz (who is her aunt). They had a really nice visit while I sat in Nicky's lazy boy and put my feet up! lol
The kids played in one of the water play areas at the zoo, fully dressed, which I think Mamuz wasn't too sure about. Luckily, it was pretty warm, so by the time we went home, they were mostly dry. But, they sure did have fun!! lol
Levi and Mamuz checking out a tarantula.
The kids looking for the jaguar. "Do you see him?"
Mom and Mamuz by the flamingos. Mamuz loves all things Florida, including the flamingos. I think she gets a picture by them every time she goes there. lol
Finally! A decent picture of me!! lol Here's me, Ashton, Indy, Levi, & Mamuz. Take a good look at me in flip flops, cuz it doesn't happen too often!!
By Tuesday, I decided I needed a cane! lol My foot hurt a lot, but it was different than it had been. Before it was straight pain, but now it was like trauma pain, ya know? I could feel a difference and knew it was on the mend, but still sore. Anyway, on Tuesday morning, Mamo and I took the boys to play golf. Yes, real golf. On a real golf course. My mom even brought her clubs down from NC. She has her own clubs, but hasn't played in nearly 20 or more years! lol See? It took Levi to get her back in the game!! lol Anyway, before we went golfing, I stopped by the drugstore to get myself a cane. I found a purple one!! Of course. lol Mamo and the boys all played, but I only limped along taking pictures and keeping the boys corraled. It was fun and they had fun. Indy had an ok time, but doesn't really care for golf. Levi had a lot of fun and took turns and gave my mom advice. It was funny. But, he was serious about the game. When we were leaving he said, "This was a fun day!" It was adorable. Afterwards, we stopped by Burger King for lunch and a/c!!! It was hot and sunny out there and we were wiped! Of course the boys were fine and when they finished eating, they headed into the play area while we relaxed. Man, they never stop, do they??? lol That afternoon, I took the kids to park while Mamo picked up Savannah from school for me. After Nicky left, my mom and I finally had a chance to go out alone. We went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner, where my mom gave me my birthday present and card. (It was shopping money!! Can't wait to shop!! Don't I need some more books?? lol) Then after dinner, we went to the bookstore to browse. I never get to do that without children and it was so nice! I usually go in, get what I need, and get out. I actually got to just take my time and look around. It was a lot of fun and I decided I'm going to do that again sometime!! Yes, I bought something, but it was for the kids, so no, I didn't use any of my birthday money. Then, when we got home, my mom, Mamuz, and the girls (boys were in bed) sang Happy Birthday to me and gave me an awesome chocolate cake with chocolate fudge icing and strawberries. Delicious! And, almost too much chocolate.....almost.
Playing golf on a real golf course. Levi had sooo much fun! :-)On Wednesday (that's today), I took the kids and Mamo and Mamuz to a beach area south of us, from which you can see Nicky's work. (You can't get close to it due to safety and security reasons) Mamuz hadn't ever seen it, so that was a treat for her....along with seeing the ocean again. The boys collected bottle caps from the ground the whole time. Then they sorted them on a picnic table. They wanted to bring their "collection" home, but I wouldn't let them. I remember collecting bottle caps as a child, too. Later, we stopped by Wendy's for lunch. Nicky got up and off, saying goodbye to my mom and Mamuz. They'll leave tomorrow after he's asleep, but won't be here before he goes to bed. Tonight we'll be skipping church to spend their last night with them here at home. I think they're planning to play Uno with all the kids, including Juan, tonight. Indy says, "Whoo hoo!" :-)
Mamuz on the beach. My mom took this picture and I thought it came out really well.
Indy and Levi with their bottle cap collection.
This was the funniest thing: We were looking at the water over these rocks and there sat this plate with 2 oranges and a bunch of pennies on it and 2 apples nearby. They were all fresh and ripe...not even bruised! It was sooo weird. Where did they come from? Why would someone leave them there? They were beautiful! And, why the pennies? It was really strange. So, of course, we took a picture. lol 
Levi was pretty tired on the way home, so he took a little nap. Mamo makes a good pillow, you know.
Tomorrow, Thursday, March 19, Mamo and Mamuz leave for NC. :-( It's been a great visit and I'm glad we got to do so many things. We will visit NC this summer, then my mom will visit us in the fall sometime. Mamuz won't return until next spring, Lord willing. Her birthday is next month and she'll be 88. We've been blessed to have her around for so long and pray for many more years with her and Mamo. Thanks for the memories, Ladies!! And have a safe trip home. We'll miss you both! :-)
Tomorrow, Thursday, March 19, Mamo and Mamuz leave for NC. :-( It's been a great visit and I'm glad we got to do so many things. We will visit NC this summer, then my mom will visit us in the fall sometime. Mamuz won't return until next spring, Lord willing. Her birthday is next month and she'll be 88. We've been blessed to have her around for so long and pray for many more years with her and Mamo. Thanks for the memories, Ladies!! And have a safe trip home. We'll miss you both! :-)
1 comment:
Wow! I need a cane just hearing about it all! Hey, thanks for your encouragement on my post today (Raising Goldfish: We're Not perfect). Have a great day!
Post a Comment