Wednesday, December 24, 2008

What I Like About Christmas

Today's list will be more fun!



I like Christmas lights. They're so pretty. I love walking through the neighborhood looking at all the lights.



I like Christmas music and movies.



I like wrapping presents.



I like baking and giving out goodies.



I like church services during Christmastime.



I love the excitement in the childrens' eyes.



I like the nativity scenes and my other decorations.



I like my Christmas book, Two From Galilee. Old, but awesome book.



I like getting Christmas cards in the mail, especially ones with pictures or letters.



But, more important than all that, is the amazing story of Jesus' birth. Not so much the actual story, but just the fact that He left His throne and place of honor in heaven to come here as a helpless little baby, knowing that He would someday sacrifice Himself for us. What an awe inspiring thought to know that He loved us that much! I think in the midst of all the Christmas hubbub, it's so peaceful to reflect on this irreplaceable gift of love. If you haven't already chosen to receive His gift of salvation, I would ask you to consider it. You can find out how to receive this gift here.



Well, we're going to Grandma's house tonight, which is aways fun. And tomorrow is the big day! I probably won't be back til Friday, so I hope you all have a wonderful and peaceful Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Merry Christmas!