Sunday, December 07, 2008



Believe it or not, I have my dinner menu from now til Christmas all done! Isn't that exciting? Aren't you jealous? Yeah, well you wouldn't be jealous of my grocery bill from last week, since I bought all the ingredients for these meals! lol Well, most of the ingredients anyway, except for the perishables. I did not, however, buy all our baking necessities. So, once we figure out what we'll be "baking" (sans the oven! lol), then I can make that shopping list. Now, without further ado, this week's menu......

Sunday- Noodle Dish (tuna noodle casserole)

Monday- Saucy Beef over rice

Tuesday- French onion pot roast

Wednesday- Santa Fe chicken (didn't have last time)

Thursday- Spaghetti

Friday- Chili cheese dog casserole

Saturday- Frozen pizzas

Noodle Dish

1 - 8 oz. pkg. fine egg noodles

1- can tuna, drained

1- can cream of mushroom soup

1- 8 oz. brick of longhorn style cheese, grated (I've used cheddar, too, with good results.)

Cook & drain noodles. Mix noodles with tuna, broken p. Add soup. Mix all 3 things together well, then turn into a 13 x 9 casserole dish. Top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees approx. 20 min. or until cheese melts and dish is heated through.

* I usually serve this with green bean casserole.

French Onion Pot Roast

1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions

1 boneless beef chuck roast (2-3 lbs.) (or other cut of roast)

1 c. beef broth

1/4 c. flour

1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley

1 envelope onion soup mix

Preheat oven to 350. Place onions in oval roasting pan. Place beef on top of onions. Combine beef broth, flour, parsley, & soup mix in small bowl; mix well. Pour over beef in pan. Cover pan & bake until beef is fork tender, 2 1/2 - 3 hours. Remove beef from pan. Slice & put on serving plate. Spoon juices & onions over slices.

* I find that there really isn't enough gravy, so I usually just make a little packet too. But, maybe if you add a little more beef broth, that would help. I'll have to try that this week. Hmmm.

For more menu ideas, check out the Organizing Junkie. Have a great week!

No comments: