Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Race Day, 2008

On Sunday, November 16th, Nicky & I went to the final Nascar race for 2008. This is the 3rd time I've gone and I think it's Nicky's 5th or 6th. And, once again God was merciful to me by sending very cool weather so the women had to wear clothes that actually covered them! lol


Anyway, this is a picture of us that I attempted. It's ok, but not great.

Then I asked the lady in front of us to take one. I'll have to play with the contrast on this one to lighten it up. Otherwise, it's pretty good, huh?
Here they come! Ready to race.
Nicky's guy is Matt Kenseth. He drives the #17 DeWalt car. This was on the jumbo tron.
Here's Matt Kenseth coming into pit row.
And here he's getting gas and a tire change. It's amazing how fast they can do that!
We sit pretty high up and boy, did the temperature drop as the race wore on. Not only that, but the wind really picked up! As a matter of fact, we usually leave the race a little early to avoid the crowd, but this time we left really early. It was sooo stinkin' cold! But, look at that sky! Isn't it beautiful?? I think it even looks cold! lol


We had fun, though. It's nice to have Nicky to myself sometimes! :-)

3 comments:

Mandy said...

So who won?!

Mylinda said...

Carl Edwards won. He's #99, but he drives a Ford, so it's ok. lol Gotta root for Fords in this house. :-)

Truth said...

You got a great pic of you and your hubby.