Friday, December 19, 2008

What's Going On?

I told you I would catch you up on what's been going on, but I've been sooo busy. Sorry about that. I figured I better get it done before Christmas gets here! lol

First, on December 1, Indy had his end-of-season baseball party, where he got his trophy and metal (for winning the league championship). These were his 3 main coaches. If it looks like they're jerking him around, they weren't. lol The party was held at Chuck E. Cheese, and in case you didn't know, Indy hates Chuck E. Cheese (the character). He was even willing to skip the party and not get his trophy and metal, so he wouldn't have to see Chuck E.! But, I made him go anyway. Luckily, Chuck E. didn't show up for a long time, but about the time they started handing out the awards, he showed up. Argh. Anyway, he made his way over to the coaches, so he could congratulate the kids. When they called Indy, he went up, but stayed about 5 feet away from the coaches, who were between him and Chuck E.! The head coach couldn't figure out why he wasn't coming closer, but I had told him beforehand how Indy felt, so luckily, he remembered, looked around, realized Chuck E. was nearby, then whispered to the other coaches. One of them "pushed" Chuck E. aside and then they pulled Indy in, surrounded him and said, "We'll protect you!" Then another one said, "Yeah, we won't let Chuck E. get you!" It was funny.

Later that evening, Indy was sad. I asked him why he was sad and he said, "Because of Chuck E. Coach T. pushed him and he was sad." After all that, and him not even liking Chuck E., he was sad that Chuck E. was sad! He's so sweet!
This bird was in our yard one day. It was about 2.5 feet tall! The boys thought it was really cool, so Ashton took pictures.

On December 4, we went with our homeschool group to see the Nutcracker. Indy and Ashton had seen it before, but this was the first time for Levi. They all loved it! And, you know the boys' favorite part is the battle between the soldiers and rats. lol I'm sure we'll see it again.


You people up North & out West will get a kick out of this... Our homeschool group had a "snowball" fight on our last park day. It was with marshmallows! lol The kids had a blast!

On December 5-7, our Sunday School class went camping at a nearby park. Nicky had to work on Friday, so we went up on Saturday. Not our typical camping, but it was still fun. There were about 10 or 11 families, with about 50 people all together....mostly kids. Here's some pix....


our campsite

Levi......before the injury

Indy.....before the injury

Ashton with some friends


Savannah with one of her best friends, Austin



Us! Nicky looks thrilled, huh? lol

Oh, wait, did I say "injury" earlier? Twice?? Yes, but you'll have to wait til tomorrow to find out about that! lol


See you tomorrow! Bye-bye!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Can't wait to hear this one. My guess from the pictures is Indy or Levi (i'm not sure which one) broke his arm. staying tuned.....