Monday, December 01, 2008

A Down Day

The weather today is dark, overcast, & rainy. It fits with how I feel. As you know, my mom's been visiting with us from NC, for the last 10 days or so. It's been a really nice visit and we did a lot of things and had a lot of fun, but it's always sad when she leaves, ya know? And you know I'm suddenly thinking of all the pictures I should have taken. Like when she played memory with the boys or when she was snuggled on the couch reading to them. Or all the times she was playing Scrabble with Ashton. Or even just one picture of her and me together. Oh well.

I have to go to a couple stores today and that should distract me some. After that, I'll come home and finish decorating for Christmas (minus the tree). That will definitely distract me. And later I'll pick up Savannah, cook dinner, then take Indy to his end-of-season baseball party. I'll be fine, as usual, and life will get back to normal. But, if you think of it, will you please pray for safe travels for my mom today & tomorrow. She should arrive home tomorrow evening sometime. Thanks.

And for the record, it's only 24 days til Christmas! Whoo hoo! You better get shopping! :-)

No comments: