Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What I Don't Like About Christmas

Yes, believe it or not, there are some things I don't like about Christmas. Amazing, huh? lol So here goes...

I don't like it being 85 degrees on Christmas Day. Somehow this is just not right.

I don't like the extra traffic.

I don't like that people feel stressed and miss out on the simple joy of Christmas, celebrating the birth of Jesus.

I really don't like glitter. Unfortunately, glitter seems to accompany many crafts and ornaments at Christmastime. Ugh.

I especially don't like that we look forward to Christmas for so long and before you know it, it's gone. Argh.

But the thing I dislike the most, what I absolutely abhor, detest, even find utterly abominable, is those decorative cans of multi-flavored popcorn. You know the ones I'm talking about. They're abundant at this time of year. Every year, Nicky's mom buys one for the kids, which in and of itself is fine, but then they open it. Somehow, when the popcorn, especially the carmel flavored one, touches the air, it gets sticky beyond belief. Then, somehow, which I'm sure has nothing whatsoever to do with my angelic children (ahem), that sticky popcorn ends up stuck to practically every surface in my home: floor, tables, chair, blankets, pillows, socks, everything Argh!

Ok, that's it. That list wasn't so bad, was it? Tomorow I'll share what I like about Christmas.

No comments: