Thursday, November 13, 2008

Tell Me I'm not alone...Please!

Last night I dropped the kids at church for their Wednesday night programs (yes, I usually stay), I headed out to Target on a mission. I was looking for a purse. A backpack purse. Unfortunatly they're not in style right now, so I haven't been able to find one... argh! Anyway, a lady at church told me she'd seen them at this particular Target. I was also in search of a specific water bottle and some new sneakers. I only found the water bottle.

On my discouraged way back to church I passed the mall, where I quickly decided to detour and see if Penney's had a backpack purse. In the past, I've found most of my purses there. Well, nothing.

As I left Penney's and headed back out to my car, I thouht, "Wow. I feel as if I've just had a night out with friends." With friends? What friends?? Why myself, of course! lol I realized that had been out walking around for the last hour and half, alone, yet talking up a storm and carrying on complete two-sided conversations all in my head! The only word I even uttered the whole time was to say thank you to a man who held a door open for me! So please, please tell me I'm not alone. lol And if you've never, ever done this, just promise me you won't call the crazy police...my children need me! lol

On a more stable note, this weekend is going to have some fun stuff! Tomorrow night is Levi's t-ball end-of-season party and Sunday Nicky and I will be going to the last NASCAR race for this year at the Homestead-Miami Speedway, while the kids go to a friend's birthday party. I still have to post about Ribfest and Veteran's Day. Maybe Saturday I'll sit for a few hours and post some stuff. We'll see.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Your not crazy. I'm glad you got out alone and I hope you find that backpack purse. :)

Truth said...

LOL, you are not alone. I am amazed that I too can spend time by myself and have great conversations. (But I like to believe God is in the midst of it too.)

Mynunubears said...

That's it, it's the crazy police for you! Just kidding! I think we have all had those moments where Me, Myself and I are having a get together in our heads.