Monday, November 17, 2008



Here's this week's menu plus a recipe. Enjoy!

Sunday - Tacos

Monday - Ham & Potatoes Au Gratin

Tuesday - Santa Fe Chicken

Wednesday - Steak & Mushrooms

Thursday - Eggplant Parmigiana

Friday - Beef Stew

Saturday - order out

Steak & Mushrooms

1 lb. beef round steak

1/2 tsp. salt

1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard

1 1/4 tsp. pepper

2 Tbp. oil

1 small can brown, onion, or mushroom gravy

1 - 6oz. can mushrooms

1 Tbsp. worcestershire sauce

med. noodles

Trim fat from meat. Combine salt, pepper, and dry mustard. Sprinkle over meat and pound with mallet. In heavy skillet, brown steak slowly on both sides in hot oil. Drain off excess fat. Drain mushrooms, reserving 1/2 cup liqud. Add mushroom liquid & worcestershire sauce to skillet. Cover tightly and cook over very low heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hous or til tender. Last few minutes, add mushrooms and heat through. Serve with gravy & noodles.

1 comment:

Truth said...

O Yum! I want to try the Santa Fe Chicken and the steak. Now I'm off to look at your eggplant recipe. I've never been a huge fan of eggplant, but am trying to branch out in the food area. So I just might try it too.