Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ribfest, 2008

Last year I won tickets to a local event called the Ribfest. It's basically an annual family event where they have a rib cook-off contest, with lots of things to do, including a concert. Before last year we had never been, but we had lots of fun. (You can read about last year's event here.) Anyway, Nicky's not big on crowds and I didn't think he'd had as much fun as the rest of us, so when he told me he wanted to go again, I was very surprised. Actually, why he wanted to go was because Rodney Atkins was the singer for the concert & he really likes Rodney Atkins. So that's why we went. The kids were thrilled because they had a blast last year.
First thing in the gate was an antique car show. All "3" of the boys liked this! lol
Nicky found this one. It's a new 2008 Dodge Challenger. Challengers are his favorite car. He even had one ( a 1970) as a teenager and that's what he drove when we met. He's sen the new ones on the street, but this was his first chance to get this close. I wish I could buy him one.
His car looked like the one below, minus the black stripe, and it wasn't as pretty.
Anyway, back to the ribfest....They had kid area with lots of stuff for the boys to do. Here they're fishing for wooden fish. They both won prizes.
There was beanbag and Frisbee tosses, a petting zoo, face painting, bounce houses and a bunch of other activities.
The boys found these "cattle".
Waiting for the concert to start.


RODNEY ATKINS!!


Levi got bored during the concert & made his own entertainment, which included climbing on me.


Smile!!
His entertainment also included taking pictures, with my camera, of misc. things & people, like this couple sitting in front of us.

Later he found some sticks and decided to try to start a fire. lol

The boys hanging out just before we left.

I didn't lighten this one up before putting it on here, so it's a little dark. But it's a decent picture of my kids.
So that's it. We had another fun day.

1 comment:

Mynunubears said...

For some reason I kept thinking "Chili Cook Off". I guess this is pretty similar. Glad you guys had fun.