Monday, December 31, 2007

My Husband is Old!!

Nah, just kidding! lol But, today IS his 40th birthday! And, since he's a whole 2 months older than me, I must tease him relentlessly until I actually hit the same "old" age. lol So, today it begins and it won't end until March 3rd (the day before I hit the dreaded age). Of course, he says he's not 40, just 20, with 20 years' experience. How's that for the positive side??
He woke up to a huge 6 foot banner hanging right over the front door, for the whole world to see, saying Happy 40th Birthday! lol He asked me, "Did you HAVE to put a banner out telling everyone how old I am??" I answered with a resounding "Yes!!" Doesn't he just LOVE his wife?? lol But, then I made him a big breakfast and made a run to the dump for him, so I made it up to him. :-)

But, seriously, I must sing his praises for just a couple minutes. Nicky is a wonderful husband. He has his moments, just like us all, but he's the best husband for me. God sure knew what he was doing when He paired us up and I am constantly amazed at how much we see things alike. Many times, without even talking about it, we agree on things and/or have the same opinions. When I think of the way God prepared me for this specific man, it awes me. When I spend time with him, I'm so glad that we enjoy the same things. He's a hard worker and yet, knows how to relax (and allow me to relax!). He gives me freedom to be me and do what I like. He's not demanding or possessive. (Thank goodness, cuz that would drive me nuts!! God knew.) I am confident that he can and will protect us with his very life, if need be, and that he loves us completely. (Though I know I drive him crazy sometimes!) He's ever patient with me and my hair-brained schemes (Can you say, "Lucy?"). I am grateful for the 20 years we've been together and for every day the Lord gives us in the future and that Nicky has helped make my "dream life" come true. He has helped me become the person I am today and I will always appreciate that. He balances me out and keeps me from going too far to the right. He is an inspiration.
This year, he received his 20 year pin in his union and we are so proud of him. Though he didn't kill any deer this year, I know he had fun hunting. I am truly grateful for this wonderful man the Lord has blessed my life with and pray for him a long and happy life. I hope we will share many, many more New Year's Eves together.

And, I hope you all have a wonderful and blessed New Year, too!
Mylinda :-)

No comments: