Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Fun Stuff!

Hi Everyone! Well, let's see what we've been up to....

On Sunday night, at our church, I played Mary (yes,the mother of Jesus!) for our annual Christmas program. My friend Kathy, took this picture of me and her daughter, who played the baby Jesus. (Don't you think Jesus just gets a kick out of little girls playing Him??)

Later that night, I made this little, yummy project with the boys. It was really an experiment and worked well enough for them to have fun...and a yummy snack!! It's a graham cracker Christmas tree. Here, Levi is decorating his tree. Note his lack of movement and intense concentration....you don't see that too often with him!! lol And, Indy shows off his finished product. Great job! :-)

Ok, in case you want to try this at home with your kids....or by yourself! Cut some graham crackers diagonally, with a serrated knife. Then, use tube icing along the straight edges and "glue" together. Then, tube some icing along the outside edges and add decorations. The recipe,which I found in the Kraft foods magazine, called for red hots, but only my girls like those, so we used mini baking M&M's. I like the color variety better, too. Anyway, I actually had to glue the trees together for them and add the icing, but they did the decorating/eating!! Also, I went through two packages of graham crackers (You know how there's 3 in a box? I used two of them!!) trying to cut them without breaking them. So, be real careful while cutting.
Either way, it was a lot of fun. Our next project, also from the Kraft magazine, is marshmallow snowmen. I'll show you those when we do them.
Stay tuned next time for "Fall Leaves". Now, where on earth would I get fall leaves in South Florida?? I guess you'll just have to check back tomorrow (hopefully) to find out! :-)

3 comments:

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

I love this!! You look great as Mary - though I must admit, I never pictured her as a redhead! LOL!!

By the way, I tagged you for something over on my blog. Hope you enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

i love the tree idea. we always do a gingerbread project of some sort. maybe we'll try this one this year. sounds like a cool magazine, too. i need to check it out.

Anonymous said...

you should've used some opf savannah's hair dye.