Except......As you know, if you've been following, my summer construction is still residually effecting me. Up until yesterday we still had everything out of the laundry room, on and under my dining table and all around the house miscellaneously. Although I'd asked Nicky to get the laundry room done before Christmas so we could have the table for Christmas dinner, he's been working so much that he really hasn't had time to do it. So, I'd come to terms with it and just figured "It's ok. We have a card table and tv trays, so we can work it out. Christmas isn't about being perfect anyway. It's ok."
YESTERDAY, he puts the shelves up in the laundry room. (Silent pause) Why????? I'd finally come to terms with the condition of my house and decided to make the best of it. So, now, when I should be doing things like cleaning the bathroom and changing the sheets on the boy's bed for my mom, and getting last minute laundry done, I'm, instead, cleaning off two feet deep of stuff from the dining table and trying to organize and load up the laundry room. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that it's finally on it's way, but come on. The day before my mom comes in??? Not to mention, I've picked up a cold from Levi and took some Tylenol cold last night, so I'm kinda in lala land today.
Luckily, the little neighbor girls were bored and came over to play with the boys. Good. Keeps 'em busy so they can't make more mess! I fell off the step stool right onto my knee cap on the concrete floor... ouch! And, then Levi informs me that he brushed his teeth. Good. Let's go see....

This is how the living and dining rooms look right now. Yikes! Will I finish in time?? Someone help!! lol

On the upside, here's the shelves in the laundry room. They're getting organized, though they don't really look it. It's definitely better than it was!
Shelves above the washer and dryer.
Well, I better get back to work. Only a few hours til Mom gets here. If you have a minute, please pray for me. Pray that I'll get done; that I'll feel better and have the energy I need; that I'll be able to figure out where to put everything; and that I'll still find joy in the midst of it all and not get cranky. Thanks. I'll let you know how it turns out. I hope you all have a great weekend! :-)
2 comments:
I'll be praying! What a blessing to have your mom come down! I'm sure everything will be just fine. Take a deep breath and do one thing at a time.
Blessings and Merry Christmas!
I'm sorry I didn't see the last couple posts of yours. I haven't checked your blog in about a week. I would have offered to help in whatever way I could. It looks great! At least it's your mom and moms should understand those things, especially about Nicky finishing it ONE day before and throwing off your schedule :)
Nothing like having company to motivate some needed work.
Post a Comment