Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Visit from St. Nick

A couple days ago, we had a visit from a special friend...Santa Claus!

When Santa knocked on the door, Levi opened the door and backed away slowly. It was pretty funny cuz he wasn't completely sure what to do. Should he be happy and excited or scared? He looked at us as he backed away and Nicky and I acted very excited and surprised to see Santa.
Finally, he decided to give Santa a big hug...and then he ran off to get his trains to show Santa. It was so cute.
Indy gave Santa a hug, too, but he was better able to verbalize, through his shock of having Santa right there, what he wanted for Christmas.

After both boys spent a few minutes talking to Santa and showing off all their sets of trains....and trying desperately to remember what it was that they wanted for Christmas, Santa had to go. So, we got one group shot and then Santa was on his way to his next appointment. It's always fun to have our friend, Larry, visit us with his Santa suit and real beard.
Larry goes to our church and sits in the balcony where we sit. He always wears red polo shirts during December. When Ashton was little, she spotted him across the way and leaned over to me and said, "Look, Mommy. It's Santa. I didn't know Santa went to our church!" It was sooo cute! After the service, she got up the nerve to go give him a hug. Larry is a great Santa cuz he always reminds the kids about the true meaning of Christmas. Not only that, but it irks him that the malls charge so stinkin' much money for kids to have their pictures made with Santa. So, during December, he'll just walk around the mall in his red polo and Santa hat and maybe sit on a bench and hang out. People will come up to him and ask if their kids can get a picture with him. He always says yes. I think he has as much fun as the kids!! :-)
Ok, changing subjects, last night I attempted to take a Christmas picture of my kids for the Christmas cards. Ha! Well, I guess it wasn't so bad, because I got this one after only 5 tries! lol Even though Levi is looking the wrong direction, the other 3 all look good, so I figured this was the best it was getting. Thankfully, I'm not obsessed with getting the "perfect" picture. I think if I was, the children and I would all be a lot more cranky! lol
Merry Christmas!
Mylinda :-)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great picture! We did one this year on Key Biscayne, I wanted it to reflect that we live in So. Fla. After all the time taking shots, we still ended up with one with a child looking the other way too. Oh, well. Gotta luv em.
Kathy