Let's see, yesterday we did our traditional "put the Christmas decorations away" routine, which of course, I mostly did. Nicky literally spent all day washing his 4-wheeler down from all the mud and blood (from the deer-yuck!!) and even took the tires off and washed them all down. But, thankfully by the end of the day all the Christmas stuff was put away and the tree out so I could start getting ready for our trip. Yea! I also tried a new recipe for New Year's Day Hoppin' John. Some of you might know what that it, but it's a traditional Southern dish with black eyed peas (of course) and some other bad for you stuff like bacon and some veggies cooked in the bacon grease. Yum, yum! :-) Nicky always says "Nothin' says lovin' like grease from the oven." He's so weird! :-) Anyway, it was funny cause when Indy asked what we were having for dinner, I said Hoppin' John and he said "oh". Then when Nicky came in he saw me cooking and asked what I was doing since we were having Papa John's. I said "No, it's Hoppin' John" and he said "oh". I think he was disappointed, but it was funny. It wasn't a huge hit, but I liked it. I'll probably make it again next New Year's Day and they'll all groan. Too bad, so sad. :-)
Today I took the girls out to Target so they could spend their gift cards they got from Aunt Sharon (thanks, Sharon!). We spent like 1 1/2 hours there and boy were the boys getting restless, but they finally found some stuff and we left. You'd think they had $100 to spend on those cards, it took them so long to decide!! Then we dropped off some library books that were actually due today. Can you imagine I actually returned some books on time?!? I've never heard of such a thing! I'm the library's favorite patron, as I always carry a running balance. I've been working on paying it off and I'm actually down to only $7.35. I'm so excited!
Talk about exciting... I went and joined Curves today. I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but just haven't. So, when my inlaws gave us $ for our Christmas gifts, I decided then and there to spend it on this. I stashed it and took it in today. I signed up and I'm going for my intro. class this afternoon. I have a friend who joined last year and has lost lots of weight in only 9 months. So, I'm excited about starting. I want to at least lose enough to be able to wear some cool stuff when we go to Disney World in April. Anyway, that's my new journey. We'll see where it leads.
Tomorrow I'm getting up super early and getting all the kids up to go have my tires rotated and then on Thursday we're doing the same thing for an oil change at the dealer. Yes, I'm taking all the kids and no, I'm not crazy. I have alterior motives....if they have 4 kids waiting in their waiting room with all the other customers, they just MIGHT get us done faster, right? Just maybe...we'll see. So, I guess that's it for now. I hope you all are enjoying reading about our daily grind and I hope you'll post some comments to me or send me an email. Hope you had a great day yesterday and you'll find your new journey, too, whatever that may be.
Oh, PS: I wanted to start adding a scripture verse each time I post, so here's todays: "Lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus." Heb. 12:1-2 Now, there's a verse to start the year with! :-)
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment